Yesterday I ordered kit number 3. AG-1 https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...ic-guitar-kit/
My 11-year old has taken an interest in playing and he has had a 7/8 size Sponge-Bob Square-pants guitar for about 18 months. Recently I have been catching him playing my early 90s MIJ Squier strat. I think it's time he got his own!

I think back to when I started playing and lessons never included how the guitar is built or what the parts do. When I recently did my first build I wished that I had known more about guitar anatomy when I started out.
Hence, the reason for this build. While he is learning to play the guitar, he can also learn how it is built and how it works.
Also - a sneaky way to start another build!!

We had a look at different guitars and he liked the SG shape and the classic cherry-red colour. I've found a few builds on here whose methods I'm following.

I would like to get some timber to test finishes. I was thinking the scrap-bin at the big green shed. What wood is most similar to basswood? Just looking for something to give us the best idea of how it will look.