Thread: Howdy, y'all, from Austin, Texas

Howdy, y'all, from Austin, Texas

I am starting my first Pit Bull build soon -- bought 4 kits (cuts down on shipping), 2 of them custom shop kits.

Not my first builds ever -- done a bunch of StewMac builds, a BexGears build, and some rescue builds. I really like how Pit Bull routes the Tele bodies as I like to use a pickup ring instead of a pickguard sometimes which isn't really an option on may other kits.

I started building as a "karma project" -- I like doing it, so I sell my built out guitars at my cost, hoping to put very well setup instruments into aspiring player's hands at an affordable cost. More at kerfguitars.com if you are interested.

I also do custom builds for friends. One of the custom shop kits is an XB1 that will be all black with gold frets for a Norwegian headbanger friend of mine (the "custom" part was mostly getting an unfretted neck with an ebony fretboard). The other custom kit is in case I screw up the first one... Will be putting some banging Fishman rechargable pups in it.

I guess I'm supposed to start a My Build Diary and that should probably have gone there...

Millard

Welcome Millard!
    Great project you got going there with Kerf. (great name too!)

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Cheers,
    Mick
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...