Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: September GOTM

Judges comments are in!
    Simon Barden's GST-1 -
    Very well put together and the finish is very good, love the midi and I can imagine the wiring work that’s gone into it, only thing Im not a fan of is the green, just not my kinda colour.
    Wow, massive attention to detail plus loads of high end gear used on this build. Nice tropical Kermit Green colour. Sounded as good as it looks and reckon anyone would be pleased to won this guitar.
    Simply beautiful and beautifully complex. All the expected SB attention to detail has produced a clean and elegant looking ST with the hex pup and LED indicating more lurks within. The trans green is more appealing than I expected, mainly due to the grain, and the finish shows the care that was applied. The GK has been moulded seamlessly into the kit along with all the upgrades. Fantastic.
    Amazing electronics – and sounds like it provides a great amount of versatility in guitar. Green looks great with the right level of shine. Overall great finish on the guitar.

Andyxlh's TLA-1 -
    Love this build its crazy in all the right ways, sounds good and would keep me entertained for sometime, ok she’s a bit rough round the edges but does what is designed to do.
    Interesting and very practical outcome achieved with this guitar. Not the prettiest due to additional hardware and speakers fitted but when you look beyond those I love the colour, headstock shape & logos.
    Pandora's Box... wonderfully insane. Ingenuity and determination to get everything squeezed in and functioning to produced a truly useful 'pick up and play' build. Finish matches the overall look, which suggests it has evolved into this rather than just been created as is. Crazy good.
    Second fancy wiring job of the month and I’m loving it. Love the concept and the additional confusions on how you did it – awesome!

mcap001's SSCM-1E -
    Beautifully finished body, the colour and burst is stunning, and the hardware sits perfectly with this finish which makes the binding pop, would look better with a carved headstock though.
    Top effort for a first timer. Lack of grain fill leaving open pores on front looks great and contrasts well with the high gloss finish on back and neck. Not a fan of the stock kit truss rod cover and for a few bucks there are plenty of better designs easily found online. Stock Square Edged Headstock shape was probably easiest way to go on a first build but looks a bit out of place. Good to see your own logos on display.
    Really nice first build. I love the colours of the top, with really nice transitions. The neck looks beautiful, although it would have been nice to see the headstock reshaped. Nice upgrades, well done.
    Flawless colour. Amazing guitar. Would go on anyone’s wall. Only detraction for me is the flat headstock.

Christian_cgs' DJT-1 -
    Stunning! Yes it’s well put together and yes it has nice upgrades, but that body is simply perfect, from the burst to the high gloss finish, blends so well into the rosewood fretboard, nice headstock design and logos, I would buy this in a heartbeat.
    Gotta love the glassy looking finish on this one. Love the subtle modifications such as cut down pick guard to hide neck cavity to the different control knobs. Gorgeous headstock shape with great font and style used for logos.
    What a monster. Fantastic finish, it looks amazing. Dark and sinister with the black hardware, contrasted with the light neck and headstock. Some choice upgrades and great attention to detail. Really excellent looking build.
    Love the faded burst, with the gloss finish – comes off great. Truly is a telemonster!

Andybanks' ES-1GT -
    Very nice looking guitar, I can see the love that’s gone into this build, gold hardware goes perfectly with the Ford colour, shouldn’t say this but put your name on the headstock, you should be proud of such a guitar.
    Very shiny and Gold Hardware truly complements that shade of blue. Lots of delicate work on headstock and logos but not a fan of the standard kit supplied truss rod cover. Overall a great looking guitar.
    A classic. Great colour complimented by the gold hardware, what a combo. Love the headstock shape and look, although I think another TRC would do more justice to the build. Some slight bleed onto the binding in places, but an amazing overall look.
    Amazing love with this – can see the tie in to your Mustang, with the right amount of bling. Nice attention to detail, and while the body is a Pitbull – don’t be afraid to name it in your own way.

FaustoB's JB-4 -
    As soon as this was posted I wanted it, looks like a top end boutique bass, the natural finish looks professionally done, beautiful fretboard, hardware also goes well and that pick guard suites it so well, great job!
    Solid effort for a first build. Love the pick guard design which goes well with overall colour scheme. DT Black Stump can be a challenging product to use and it looks like you went with a grain fill satin finish appearance which is a very traditional bass appearance. Engraved logo on underside of headstock is a great unique touch. Well done.
    When I see this I think 'driftwood', and I love it. Some really interesting choices and great execution. The effect of the finish on body and neck look great, and work well with the fretless board. Fantastic pickguard. A really appealing look bass.
    Love how the pickguard has come out. Overall stunning bass. Great work and to be encouraged. Love the idea of putting the name on the side of the headstock.

Larry Nawa's AIB-1F -
    Love the headstock shape and black hardware, looks great with the ebony fretboard, the staining on the quilted top is well done, a headstock logo would make this perfect.
    Great colour used to highlight the quilted maple top against an otherwise very minimalistic appearance. Headstock logo would have added the finishing touch and this is probably the only headstock shape where standard kit truss rod cover doesn’t look out of place.
    A nice clean IB with gorgeous honey flame top. Interesting colour for the back and headstock that works well, but maybe a touch too much orange in it for me in the photos. Looks good with the black hardware. Very nice.
    Simple, elegant and classy. Love the look and colour. Nice work!

Turns out that the lead changed a couple of times while putting the scores into the spreadsheet - so many great guitars this month.

So - runner up - Andybanks' ES-1GT

But the winner Christian_cgs' DJT-1

3. Liked by: ross.pearson

Very impressive. I'd definitely be checking these out if I saw them in a showroom.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

What a great group of builds this go-around.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

Thank you for the feedback!
    And congratulations to all the builds, stunning and very inspiring work!

Wow,

I truly wasn't expecting to place, as all the entries were so good. I don't envy the task of rating these guitars and picking a winner, because each one has a unique story. It's got to be like choosing a favourite automobile from a truck, sedan, 4wd, motorbike, go-kart and scooter. well, maybe there we no scooters..

Massive Congratulations to Christian_cgs for the win. That is truly a beautiful guitar and one you can be very proud of. :-)

Also huge respect to all entries. They are all inspiring builds and give me great motivation for the next one after my current loom building project.

Very impressive and inspiring builds.
    Congrats Cristian_cgs and Andy!

Well done all! Congratulations to the winners, wonderful guitars!

WoooooooooooW, what a surprise!!! can't tell you how excited I am right now.
    Being this my first build, it means a lot to be chosen between all this awesome guitars.
    Massive congrats to everyone, I thought my chances where slim when the comp was closed. Had some faith but not this much.
    Andybanks your build is incredible, super clean and everything looks perfect!
    I want to thank to everyone in this grate community and specially the guys who took the time to comment and help me with all the million doubts I had.
    This was THE perfect way to spend covid lockdowns and all this crazy weird difficult times.
    Much love and cheers to every one!!

11. Liked by: Andyxlh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3