Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Dating" SPAM as a PM from new member shaliris

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I guess I got one of these. I got an e-mail notifying me of a pm here. I deleted the notification, but there was no pm waiting for me here .
    If you were brave or stupid you could have followed the link in the email.

Mine had one that was duly ignored and the email binned along with the message here

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    If you were brave or stupid you could have followed the link in the email.

Mine had one that was duly ignored and the email binned along with the message here
    Couldn't be bothered reading the whole e-mail, I get enough offers to improve my non-existent web page without me needing to read any other crap! When Mexico seemed to suddenly have discovered IRC I used to have guys trying to pick me up. When I politely told they they weren't my type they usually called me a whore in Spanish hehe.

Well done, Brendan - and thank you.

I’m still seeing ‘gavilas’ as being online, although marked as banned.

I just got this message. It doesn’t seem like the usual PM’s I get from you guys.

QUOTE=moril]DarkMark, hey) Emilly, 25, female. Rate my naked photos on sex dating site, click link:

Deleted.

I just got one, too, DM. They are persistent, if nothing else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PBG spam.JPG 
Views:	563 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	41162
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

Quote Originally Posted by colin2121 View Post
    Let Brendan know who the sender is so he can block them.
    The user name is shown in the screen grab of the quote.

I think latest member 'bragelev' will be another spammer as they are currently viewing the who's who.

Can the forum software be modified so that you need a certain post count before PMs are enabled?

On the Sound on Sound forum the first three posts have to be approved by a mod before being displayed on screen, and all other privileges are held back until those 3 posts have been approved. As Brendan seems to be the only active mod on here, that's a big a ask for him to do that, but if they have to post a few times first, that, may help stop this spamming, at least if it's a bot.

I'm the approving admin on my car club forum and the first thing I check is ip location.

Anything from eastern Europe or certain African countries gets deleted immediately, other countries that are known to be dodgy but have an active car culture are put on posting watch.

Just a thought but having said that music is the universal language so a bit more difficult to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    I'm the approving admin on my car club forum and the first thing I check is ip location.

Anything from eastern Europe or certain African countries gets deleted immediately, other countries that are known to be dodgy but have an active car culture are put on posting watch.

Just a thought but having said that music is the universal language so a bit more difficult to judge.
    Difficult in a world of VPNs too. Haven't seen too many posts from Cuba heh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast