Thread: Mojotone Pickups

Mojotone Pickups

Just ordered me a set of Mojotone Broadcaster Quiet Coil Tele Pickups. Had great reviews. Has anyone got these?
    At least I’ll have time to build my Tele kit before they arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some MojoTone P90s that I got offered at a reduced price, as the original purchaser decided to fit some other pickups instead and he offered them to me and I took pity on him (and I can't turn down a bargain). They are noise free, but they don't have the clarity of the Gibson P90s that I replaced in my LP Classic Gold Top. They are very decent pickups indeed, but in this case, a bit different sounding to how I though they would sound.

So I'd take them for what they are, and don't expect an exact hum-free duplicate of any current Tele pickups you may have.

Because of the extra coil in each pickup, they will be deeper than standard pickups, but not by a lot, so fitting them shouldn't be an issue.

I've been playing Fender Vintage Noiseless in strats and Fender Gen 4's in my teles (and 1 strat) for a a few years now and I'm a big fan. I especially like the Gen 4's.
    I've not seen the Mojotone Quiet Coil until now, and checked out some demos. They work out to a little more in cost with shipping & GST than the Fenders, but I'd certainly consider a set one day.
    Interested to hear what you think when you get them installed. Keep us posted!

Because of the extra coil in each pickup, they will be deeper than standard pickups, but not by a lot, so fitting them shouldn't be an issue.
    The Mojotone's use side-by-side coils, not stacked (like Fender, Dimarzio etc) so depth is not an issue. They're the same height as standard single coils.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I’m sure my P90s were stacked when I looked. They were slightly deeper than the Gibsons, but fitted into the Gibson plastic covers OK (as I preferred the colour of the Gibson covers).

Change the winding arrangement and you’ll invariably alter the sound a little bit, but sometimes that’s no bad thing.

Have you got any other Teles with good pickups in to compate them to?