Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AGB-30 Bass Guitar Kit (Short Scale) - HELP

Hey @SS - Brendan here - I've built one https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ead.php?t=9543 . I ended up modifying the pickup ring to fit everything together without doing too much damage to anything. Whole kit for me was an attempt at a couple of new things - spraying vs stain, etc. so wasn't worried about modifying the pickup ring.

Brendan, in your build photo, the bridge saddles are all right back, so there seemed to be no need to have the neck set so far into the body. Or was it taken before you set any intonation? Also, was your SGB-30 a basswood or mahogany body?

ssny, when checking the scale length, note that the saddles should be set almost all the way forwards, not midway as the Pit Bull manual suggests. That’s an error that needs fixing. The intonated saddle position for the top G string will end up a couple of mm back from the nominal scale length, with the D, A and bottom E strings each a little bit further back from that in turn.

Just checked - they are wound pretty far back - you could get away with moving the neck forward a couple of mm with no real problems.

Just trying to make sure - I received 4 pots 2 A500 and 2 b500. According to some quick research the As are for volume and the Bs are for tone. Could someone please verify that's correct. Thank you!

You are indeed correct. A for Audio/Log taper, B for linear taper. Always use audio taper for volume. Tone pots can be either and is more a preference than anything. I prefer audio pots for tone myself, but unless you want to get some more pots, use the linear taper for tone. The difference is subtle when used on tone, but very pronounced when used on volume.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2