Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a Benedetto style Archtop Guitar

Fortunately/unfortunately I usually have that urge about 10 minutes before or after closing time on Saturdays.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

No progress to report other than getting bits and pieces. My favourite purchase has been thin sheets of steel to use in side bending off eBay for quarter the price of side bending tools from guitar tool suppliers.
    Long service leave approved from July so looks that’s going to be production time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    No progress to report other than getting bits and pieces. My favourite purchase has been thin sheets of steel to use in side bending off eBay for quarter the price of side bending tools from guitar tool suppliers.
    Long service leave approved from July so looks that’s going to be production time.
    That presumably is something peculiar to Australia? I could definitely get behind that idea in the UK!! How long do you get??

After 10 years continuous employment you’re entitled to three months paid long service leave. As I work for a government department I am entitled to my next lot of long service leave after every seven years. Is it only us in Australia? I didn’t know how lucky we are.

There are even some peculiarities between the states. I almost lost out on a long service leave payout when I relocated from Sydney to Perth.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

LSL gives us convicts time to return to the mother land - apparently.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    After 10 years continuous employment you’re entitled to three months paid long service leave. As I work for a government department I am entitled to my next lot of long service leave after every seven years. Is it only us in Australia? I didn’t know how lucky we are.
    Well we certainly don't get that in the UK. I worked for 30 years in a Govt dept and got nothing in the way of a sabbatical at any point. Sounds a great perk, I've not heard of it anywhere else. Three months is a good period of time to turn out a scratch build...

Sorry to hijack the thread, back to guitar building....

No worries, it was of interest to me to learn of the working conditions elsewhere. I have other things to also do in that three months, but I’ll be disappointed if I can’t dedicate at least one day a week to this project.

Long service leave is getting closer so I’d better get some materials. I was hoping to completely use local materials and suppliers, however Archtop soundboard wood has been hard to source. I’m assured I can get neck, back and side wood at my local supplier. Anyhow, I’ve hit the shopping cart button. American dollars shown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	43114  

Looking forward to seeing the build process. The stewmax membership definitely is the cheapest freight option coming from OS.
    Tony

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast