Thread: Greetings from Sydney

Smile Greetings from Sydney

Hi, I'm in Sydney lockdown at the moment so lots of time coming up the next 2 weeks to start my second guitar build which will be a "T" style Custom type build, from scratch using local-ish timber, PNG Rosewood body, Blackwood fret board, Qld Maple neck. I have some new LACE Alumitone Humbuckers and a black bridge, tuning keys, black Graph Tech nut blank, medium Jumbo frets, and I plan to use Abalone shell and attempt the inlay of the neck. Overall theme is going to be an Art Deco flavour to the guitar, which the LACE Alumitone pick ups fit with in terms of their look. My previous build was a Swamp Industries Strat kit which I painted a Metallic Cherry Red and satin oil finish to the head stock and neck. I learned a lot about fret and neck finishing and set up with that kit!
    I am a builder by occupation so I can't work for the next couple of weeks at least - Thanks, Gladys! - and 64 years life experience. I am learning a lot by watching various Youtube channels such as Crimson guitars and Highline guitars, and a handful of others. I am a returning guitarist having not played for 50 years, so basically a newbie again. Looking forward to picking up info on this forum. Cheers, Joe.

Welcome Joe.
    Sounds like an interesting project with all the timber & hardware you've listed. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,
    Mick
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Welcome Joe.
    Sounds like an interesting project with all the timber & hardware you've listed. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,
    Mick
    Thanks very much. I will try and post some pics as I progress.

Welcome Joe.
    Good luck with the build.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Thanks for the welcome and the good luck wishes for the build. I think it is one I need to take a one step at a time approach.

Welcome Joe. I'm also looking forward to seeing that combo come together.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

G’day Joe, while you are looking at YouTube, have a look at this bloke’s work, he is from Sydney.
    https://youtube.com/c/FletcherHandcraftedGuitars
    Cliff