Thread: ES-1GT - build - how do I put everything together.

ES-1GT - build - how do I put everything together.

I've just received my ES-1GT, and looking over it I'm thinking "how the heck do I get the posts, switch and general electrics inside the hollow body ? There's no way they fit thro the F holes and the whole thing is glued up tight. I was expecting an access panel or something !!. Can't find any assembly videos on the web either.

You can slip them through the wide part, but you have to get the right angle and twist - if it needs force, change the angle.
    Apparently one of the tricks is to run strings from each hole to the appropriate item. Wire up, slip 'em all in, and then pull the strings a little at a time, starting from the furthest holes.

Check out Page 26 of the build guide - https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...s%20Manual.pdf it has a suggestion for using aquarium tubing - like string, but apparently easier (haven't tried it).

4. Liked by: dmoose5835

...Or latex rubber surgical tubing. It's more elastic than the PVC tubing so grips better.

But TBH, if you make a wiring harness with the wires just long enough, and tape the wires together to make them a bit stiffer (or use your own thicker wire), you can fit everything inside using fingers and some needle-nosed pliers with the exception of the jack socket, which you can pull through with string with a knot in the end.

Run the wires around the F-hole, position so you don't see them. This was my ES-1 wiring harness, built on a cardboard template (not using any kit electrics).

Mainly using braided shield wire, with a few pieces of push-back wire as well. And heat-shrink to avoid any accidental signal grounding and also to add some physical strength to the joints.

This is a good guide to doing it in a similar way to how I did it (though I used mini-pots to make fitting them in easier, and orange drop caps).

But you do have to fit the pickups, then pull the wires through the f-holes and then solder them to the volume pots with the harness sitting on top of the body (mask it up and protect it when fitting the harness). You can’t really do it any other way.