Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Old 80's Tascam 20-Ch Analog Mixing Desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    But much better if your friend can find that cable!

Even if the mixer doesn’t work as a whole, the cable will be worth selling and working mixer channel cards could be sold separately for spares.
    I've got a sheet metal nibbling-tool that I can use to cut rectangular shaped holes in sheet aluminium pretty easily, it cuts nice 90 degree corners, so, if my friend can't find the original power cable, I'll seriously look at retro-fitting both the desk and the power supply with new, and easily source-able connectors, as much as possible, I really want to try and get the desk restored so it's in a good, and usable condition, the prices for spare parts look reasonable enough to make restoring the desk a viable proposition, it may take a lot of my time though, but it'll be worth it.

Just so happens, I enjoy a bit of a challenge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    You can certainly do that. You may need to fit a blanking plate on the PSU and mixer to fit them on but that isn’t hard. A right-angled connector for the mixer would be best so it can sit flatter against a wall.

Fitting a new blanking-plate sounds easy enough to do, I've got some spare aluminium sheeting that should do the job, I think it's about 1.5 mm thick or so.

I've also got a smaller Allen & Heath Icon DP1000 digital mixer that I want to restore to fully working condition as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3