Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft are releasing a brand-new version of Windows very soon.

After reading reviews from some of the testers I'll be waiting for 11.1

I've got Microsoft's official release of Windows 11 up and running on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop, using it right now to post this, seems to be running pretty well, had some headaches getting some devices working in Device Manager, but everything seems to be working fine, haven't had any major issues so far.

It would appear that neither my PC or laptop will run Win11 according to the MS tools but both exceed their minimum specs

Makes one wonder

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    It would appear that neither my PC or laptop will run Win11 according to the MS tools but both exceed their minimum specs

Makes one wonder
    Doesn't make me wonder. In his book, Bill Gates was the first person (at least that I know of), to use the term "obsoleting." That's right, friends, Microsoft is responsible for obsolescence becoming a verb. That's how you know it's not a conspiracy. They tell you up front what they're up to.

I heard when you install it it activates the M$ tracking chip found in Pfizer and Moderna vaxes......

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I heard when you install it it activates the M$ tracking chip found in Pfizer and Moderna vaxes......
    And then waits and waits until your tracking multiple valuable takes in one session to present you with the BSOD

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    And then waits and waits until your tracking multiple valuable takes in one session to present you with the BSOD
    Wow! BSOD brings back memories. I haven't seen one of those since I switched from Win2K to Mandrake.

Hey Everyone,

I know I have been away from the Forum for some time, I had a bit of a rough start to 2022, last year my old Samsung J2 Pro phone died and I had to buy myself a second-hand refurbished, but fully functional Google Pixel 3 phone, the Vodafone simcard in my old J2 Pro wouldn't fit in my Pixel 3 phone because it was physically too big and I couldn't trim it down to size without risking destroying it and rendering it useless, so I ended-up getting my ISP, Aussie Broadband to send me a new simcard, now here's the kicker, in order for me to port my existing phone number over to my new simcard and activate it, Aussie Broadband needed to send an activation code to my old phone which of course was dead, wouldn't power up.

As if that wasn't bad enough, just after Boxing Day last year, my acer laptop died, my studio PC died, and my Polaroid 65 inch UHDTV died, so that's four of my electronic devices that went faulty in a row, think I must have been jinxed or something....lol.

Sorry for the digression, anyway, last week, I ordered some new PC hardware from my local Leading Edge Computers shop, picked them up earlier this week, and I used them to build a new studio PC that is running Windows 11 like a dream, I'll start a new thread about it in the Home Recording Forum, cause I think you might be interested in the juicy details of the new studio PC build.

Update:

Ever since I installed Microsoft's latest version of Windows, Windows 11, on my new studio PC, I have had practically zero major issues with it, it has just worked and stayed rock solid, I love it to bits.

Any new full OS install is normally very stable to start with. It’s once it’s had various new programs and updates installed that things start to slow down a bit and get a bit glitchy due to imperfect removal of old versions and registry errors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast