Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: AG-1 perhaps i am Tony Iommi?

Well done! that looks lovely. A very similar colour with the clear as my PBG1.
    What are the odds of cutting the wire with that screw? Nice catch, how long did that take to find???
    I haven't had a problem with the selector switches myself. It really is worth swapping out the capacitors, next time you do an order just ask for a couple of the orange ones. The tone controls really work well then and they are inexpensive. Your soldering looks great from here, and if it works.......
    Last edited by Andyxlh; 14-10-2021 at 10:32 AM.

How long were the screws? You've only got a thin pickup ring and the standard bridge pickup rings screws tend to be supplied longer than the neck ones.

You can cut down the screw so there's no point to it (except there is as it holds the ring in place - see what I did there?) and it's short enough so that it doesn't hit the wiring cavity.

If you don't want to fit a screw there at all, cut the head off the offending screw and glue it in place so that you haven't got the visual effect of a missing screw.

3. Liked by: RocknRolf

Looks fantastic Oli. Great experience too.
    Guitars:
    Build #4 - Scratch SG - Qld Mahogany - In Progress
    PBG#3- - ES-1F - kit electronics (Dec 2020)- upgrade if I can do it justice
    PBG#2- - STA-1 Ash w black upgrades GOTM June 2020
    PBG#1- LP-1MQ http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6378
    Acoustics -Washburn WD18SW
    - Maton Australian EA80C
    Electric - Magnum pseudo Stratocaster - upgraded with PitBull bits - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post

You can cut down the screw so there's no point to it (except there is as it holds the ring in place - see what I did there?) and it's short enough so that it doesn't hit the wiring cavity.
    Oh that's good. Dad joke level.

6. Liked by: OliSam

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/black-s...-all-time/?amp

Perhaps he is the greatest.
    But i am not a Tony.
    I fear that i am a poor mans Derek Trucks
    (Who really wants to be Dave Gilmour……….But my dad told me to be sensible and not take drugs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rather badly worded headline in that article. It should read along the lines of "Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi names his greatest guitar riff off all time", which he gives as Smoke On the Water.

David Gilmour was just really dedicated to making it. My friend Ivan, who was a contemporary of DG in Cambridge in the 1960s and played in some of the same bands and sometimes depped on guitar for Floyd in their early days, was discussing Pink Floyd's success with him and Dave said that Ivan could play guitar just as well as him, maybe better, but Dave just wanted success so much more and made it happen.

10. Liked by: OliSam

A rather badly worded headline in that article. It should read along the lines of "Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi names his greatest guitar riff off all time", which he gives as Smoke On the Water.

David Gilmour was just really dedicated to making it. My friend Ivan, who was a contemporary of DG in Cambridge in the 1960s and played in some of the same bands and sometimes depped on guitar for Floyd in their early days, was discussing Pink Floyd's success with him and Dave said that Ivan could play guitar just as well as him, maybe better, but Dave just wanted success so much more and made it happen.
    I thought it was just me that read that headline four times trying to work out how Tony Iommi could be classified as a guitar riff.

Our London office is not too far from David Gilmour's house in Notting Hill. My colleagues often frequented the same cafe (it's gone now). Most of the guys are too young to know who he is but those that do say he is quite approachable and a really nice guy. Unfortunately, when I was over there I never did "bump into him." Probably a good thing because the fan-boy in me probably would have made an idiot of himself.

12. Liked by: OliSam

I often wonder what brings the drive out in some but not others. Perhaps they do not have a Plan B? Or plan B is to make Plan A work.

I have known a few guys with no Plan B. Not all of them made it.
    Sorry for getting philosophical.
    (PS: I still want to be David Gilmour…………..a lot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13