Hey there,

I'm sure this happens to the best ;-) I forgot to drill a hole from the pickup cavity to the bridge hole (LP model).

So, after some quick googling here are some suggestions I picked up:

- Use active pickups - wanted to do this anyway, but why do they not have to be grounded to the bridge?

- Ground to the tailpiece - I picked a tailpiece that gets mounted to the strap pin hole - I could easily drill a hole for the ground there. It would - in a way - also touch the strings, so there should be not much difference than grounding the bridge?

- drill a hole now, screw in a screw until it touches the stud, solder wire and hope for the best

- screw a drilled copper penny to the cavity and solder the wire - this would ground to the body but not the strings.

- or, the weirdest idea (I admit it is mine and I'm probably just dumb) ) - make the cavity cover from blank metal and ground to the back of the cover. It wouldn't touch the strings but it would touch my body while playing.

Would any of these ideas work?

I would prefer not to take the stud out again, because it's one of the small studs and I don't want to damage the finish while trying. This guitar is giving me gray hair from the beginning anyway and my patience is worn - I want to play that thing and not spend more weeks to fix my own faults

Thanks in advance and kind regards!