Thread: JZ-6, two connections, one wire?

JZ-6, two connections, one wire?

Apologies for not having a build diary - I'm rather unsociable.

I'm somewhat confused about the wiring diagram for the JZ-6.
    (https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...ng-Diagram.pdf)

It would seem that the top two ports on the five way switch are wired directly together using the same wire. Am I meant to bridge these connections with another strand of wire, or am I simply misinterpreting the diagram.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome.

You can use another small piece of wire if you want to bridge the two terminals, but you'd normally just strip enough insulation off the wire leading to the tone pot so that you can push it through one tab hole on the switch and run it through the other tab hole, then solder the wire to both switch tabs.

I haven't looked at that wiring diagram before, but there is something definitely not normal about the way the tone pots are shown wired. I don't know how much of this is pre-wired, but the diagram needs some correcting. I'll see if I can get someone to have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I haven't looked at that wiring diagram before, but there is something definitely not normal about the way the tone pots are shown wired. I don't know how much of this is pre-wired, but the diagram needs some correcting. I'll see if I can get someone to have a look at it.
    I noticed several idiosyncrasies when comparing the diagram to the pre-wired components. Granted I'm making a left handed kit so that might have something to do with it. I'm going to bridge the connection and report back later with the results.

Bridging the ports worked, thanks for clarifying.