Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: July / August GOTM

And there I was thinking that I had a chance in this competion.....

Comp closed. We'll organise judging and get back soon!

So some comments up front...
    Johnbambs GTL-1
    Undeniable attention to detail. Great skill went into this guitar. Not sure how I feel about the reshaped lower bout, but nonetheless a great job.
    Interesting and meaningful modifications producing a unique art piece instrument, although the style of photos isn't the best for close scrutiny. Fantastic carving, particularly on the headstock. Finish looks good and appropriate for the style of build. I really like the overall result, but the lower horn is a bit jarring like it's had an oops.
    Really nice customisation work on this. Love the detail of the headstock
    Nice complementing colours and interesting electronics. Overall great work.

Count Sudoku’s GTL-1
    Simple, clean build. It’s like Clapton’s Blackie or Gilmours black Strat, but it’s a TL.
    Nice, clean traditional TL. Love the grain showing through the semi-gloss black finish, with chrome and white plastics combo. Very nice.
    A totally classy, classic. The open grain looks great.
    Classic, classy, clean. Nicely done.

Fatboy’s GPR-1M
    Incredible looking guitar with cool hardware choices. Not sure if the back colour & the top colour gel for me, but you will rarely see both at the same time
    Nice combination of colours matching with the gold hardware. Well finished with nice mods, and a very clean look overall. The f-hole sticker is an excellent added touch. The headstock writing is a slight detraction for me.
    Great customisation, both in look and functionality. The finish really shows off the quilting - it feels very summery.
    Love the sticker in the f hole. Finish is amazing – overall a great guitar!

Mike L’s DTL-1
    That binding looks immaculate & the balck on the front of the headstock is precise. Great job.
    I love this style of finish, and this is a beautiful example. Really stunning. Great hardware and upgrades and very slick overall look. Faux binding is a standout and really highlights the finish. A real roasted maple look to the back of the neck, which may be a touch dark with the rest of the finish for my tastes. Excellent build, definitely the sort of thing I would bee-line towards in a store... when we could still do that.
    Simply gorgeous. The fit, finish, and customisations are wonderful. A real object of desire. And I'm a huge Betty Boop fan.
    Stunning in its simplicity. Love the grain patterns from the neck. Overall stunning.

So to the runner up - Fatboy - your slim and sexy GPR-1M has taken the judges fancy...

And the winner - non other than Mike.L's DTL-1. Well done to all who entered.

Tough month for the judges, congratulations to the winners!
    Lovely guitars.

Wow, I’m chuffed to bits, well done to all that entered.

Chaps,
    Thank you for the comments, all very constructive, I am very pleased to be a runner up
    and well done to all who entered.
    I'll have to get round to doing an audio demo and show how the switching works.
    Cheers, FB.

As last month's winner, I got to be a guest judge for this one, and it was really difficult - they were all great.

I wished it could be like WeRateDogs so I could give scores like 15/10.
    Builds:

Current: JZ-6
    GR-1SF
    ES-12Q
    Coban P-Bass
    Guitar Kit Fabric - Rickenbacker
    ML-Factory - Electro-resonator

11. Liked by: Andyxlh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2