Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me what a "woven circuit" is???

Can someone tell me what a "woven circuit" is???

I recently saw a demo video for Artist Guitars' latest ST-62 model and the demonstrator (Brett Kingman) refers to it having a "5-way switch with a woven circuit".

Multiple and varied web searches yielded absolutely nothing except links to the Artist Guitars product page for the ST-62 (and heap of unrelated stuff involving fabric).
    There is no explanation in the AG product description, yet they have capitalised it as in "Woven Circuit" like it should mean something "ooh-worthy". I have never heard the term used anywhere else, ever.

Am I missing some secret sauce that I could be including in all my guitars???
    Hopefully I haven't embarrassed myself by asking about something that literally everyone else already knows about .

FYI: Links HERE and HERE
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Woven? It's the very fabric of the guitar!

I expect it just means that the pickup leads and output cable are single core + braided screen style, rather than the vintage two separate wire styles.

Maybe woven cloth covered solid core wires. 🤔
    Cliff

Or it might just mean that each pickup has two wired that are twisted around each other. The similarities between a lot of the Artist Guitars and Thomann's equivalent Harley Benton guitars are very strong indeed (with some minor differences), and the HB Syrat pickups have two single core PVC covered wires that are wrapped around each other.

But I can't find any other 'Woven' circuit reference, so it may be something else like the tone controls being used on all three pickups or being moved to the bridge and middle (instead of middle and neck).

But is probably just marketing speak for something pretty standard or else a bad translation from the original Chinese.

Thanks Simon. I'm glad it wasn't just me that turned up nothing. I agree, probably marketing speak. However from a marketing perspective, you would think they'd define the mystical properties of said "Woven Circuit" to really suck people in.

Maybe they have gone with "Cloven Circuit" to get the metalheads interested .

Maybe it comes with a bag to carry your cables and pedals and stuff...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/652951645973136325/

I sent them an email & got an answer back in 20 minutes.

Hi Cliff,

"Woven Circuit" Means that the wiring inside the guitar is Braided, Vintage Style.

Braided Wiring looks like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braided Wiring.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	40667
    Cliff

Simon got it.
    Cliff

Hi Cliff,

"Woven Circuit" Means that the wiring inside the guitar is Braided, Vintage Style.

Braided Wiring looks like this
    Why can't they just say that?

I still think it's a made up word. And I don't know "Vintage Style" it is. I may be very wrong about this, but I don't recall Fender ever using that type of wire on anything.

They certainly do like their CAPS! (Braided Wiring, Vintage Style)

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Why can't they just say that?

I still think it's a made up word. And I don't know "Vintage Style" it is. I may be very wrong about this, but I don't recall Fender ever using that type of wire on anything.

They certainly do like their CAPS! (Braided Wiring, Vintage Style)
    If they consider 'braided wiring' and 'vintage style' to be actual features then a case could be made that they are both proper nouns and therefore need to be capitalised.

However it is more likely that the office junior wrote the copy and thought it looked good...

Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast