Howdy,

This is my 2nd bass build, my first using a Pitbull kit. I'm building the 5-string bass kit, IB-5. I'm having difficulty with the wiring of the pickups. I am just trying to wire them up like in the diagram. I am using this diagram: https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...s/pdf/IB-5.pdf

In the diagram it has a black line coming from the pickups, and going to the center pole of the volume pot. (I don't have a lot of experience with wiring diagrams, so pardon me if I use the wrong terminology). Next to this black line are the words "Hot wire (white)".

There are both black and white wires coming out of the pickups themselves.

So in the real world, do I solder the black wire to that center pole, or the white wire? The diagram shows a black line, but then it says white.

I have soldered everything up, with the white wire being soldered to the center pole. And it's not working at all for me. I've got my multi-tester, and have tested the ground wires to all the pots, and it all checks out. So I'm thinking maybe I should un-solder the white wires and replace them with the black wire soldered to the center pole of the volume pots.

Thought I would ask here first, before I start unsoldering. Maybe I've missed some other crucial step.

Thanks!