Thread: First PBG Build

Question First PBG Build

Hello everyone,

this is my first ever forum post as I recently purchased a GMS-7Z kit from Pitbull Guitars. After a mock-build I have a question regarding the neck pocket/the neck itself. I think the routing is quite off and I donīt know how to fix it. Looking at other forum posts of these kits, the "end" of the neck fits flush with the pocket and the pickup angle to the fretboard fits perfectly, other than mine. Any ideas? I was really looking forward to building my first multiscale kit

I hope you can catch my problem with these images.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I did this same build last year, the neck on mine had to be set a few mm back so the pickup would fit in, it’s a tight fit so be careful and also double check the scale length.

Its very rare on any Pit Bull kit that the end of the tenon touches the back of the pocket, it does normally come forwards by a few mm as Barry already mentioned.

But it does look like the pickup rout is angled differently to the end of the neck, and they should be the same.

I'd email the second picture to Pit Bull to see what they say. service@pitbullguitars.com

If they think its fine rather than replacing the kit, then I'd suggest filing the end of the fretboard so its angle matches that of the pickup. It will look a lot better than having that angled gap there, and with the sloped frets, the end of the board overhang being slightly wedge-shaped probably won't be noticeable.

Thank you for your replies!

Iīll get in touch with the customer service and gonna log my progress with this build in this thread. I think filing the end of the fretboard to the correct angle would be a good solution to my problem.

Greetings from Germany!