Hi Eitan. You're making some good progress there, and looking good.

Good tip from Simon on the 3M pads too. You won't regret the investment, and if you have way more than you'll ever use, you could sell some on eBay in smaller lots.

My only addition to the finishing process is regarding the Tru Oil. I've done a few guitars and several bolt-on necks with Tru Oil and I don't find thinning it necessary. It has a slow enough build-up using it straight, let alone essentially doubling that!
I have heard of people thinning the final couple of coats, but I have never done it and still have achieved great results.

As for sanding and applying Tru Oil, I don't do any sanding until I have enough coats to start developing an even sheen (typically around 8 coats). Then I apply multiple additional coats but only sanding as necessary to remove dust nibs or fix a stroke mark.
My goal is apply 24-30 coats before leaving it to set (14 days) and then wet sand/polish.

Others go as many as 50 coats, but my temperament has not allowed me to be that patient! Also, I think to quantify "a single coat" is difficult at best with a hand-applied finish.

This is an alder strat with 28± of my "coats" -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tru Oil Gloss 1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	40420