Thread: Retirement Project

Retirement Project

Hi,

My name is Brian and I am from south west Victoria in Australia. I have recently retired so I thought I my try my hand at building a kit guitar. I have just purchased the DM-1F P90 double cutaway so am looking forward to see how that goes. Hopefully it will be a prized part of my instrument collection... haha ..... and maybe the start of many more projects.

Hi Brian.
    Welcome and good luck with the build. Like others, I'm sure it will be the start of many more.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

3. Liked by: BrianC

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I have recently retired so I thought I my try my hand at building a kit guitar..
    I see, you're a radical. I recently joined Men's Shed. Nearly all the guys there are retired, and they all seem to make either cutting boards or cheese boards .

5. Liked by: BrianC

Hi Brian, welcome aboard. You won't regret your decision, a hobby in retirement is essential.

I started building my first guitar after my wife passed away as a means of coping with her loss. I am now on to build #20 and not planning to stop anytime soon.

I hope you enjoy your build.

rob

7. Liked by: BrianC