Thread: Hellcaster

Hellcaster

A bit frivolous perhaps, but using scrap pine I have started the Hellcaster or Manalishi which is jointly inspired by Robert Johnson and Peter Green tracks, Hellhounds on my trail and Green Manalishi respectively. Not sure where it’s going but it feels like it wants to be made!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A89191D-6CC1-42C8-8095-7A5AA105BAA9.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	39945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	985BDFA8-7CF4-402A-8FB8-039AD4FF1BCF.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	39946  
    Guns, Guitars, Bikes and Cars and the love of a good woman who allows me to indulge

Well this should be interesting!

I completely forgot about The Green Manalishi until you mentioned it now! I played that song in a cover band a million years a go.
    We did it in a way that was sort of a cross between the Fleetwood Mac and Judas Priest versions. That brings back some memories!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I have a pin made by an artist/musician friend of the hellhound that I used to have on my strap. A grand tradition. If I can find it I'll post a pic. Looks a lot like your carving...and it's green!

I am trying to picture the mixture of JP and FM... would have liked to hear that ;-)

This one's not bad either

Aside from the carving challenges, how will you keep the guitar from chewing off your strap button?

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Well this should be interesting!

I completely forgot about The Green Manalishi until you mentioned it now! I played that song in a cover band a million years a go.
    We did it in a way that was sort of a cross between the Fleetwood Mac and Judas Priest versions. That brings back some memories!
    Ha-ha! I was also in a band that covered the Green Manalishi. We stuck to the Priest version though. Great fun!