Thread: Hello from Maryland USA

Hello from Maryland USA

Hello, my name is Jason and I am from the state of Maryland in the United States. I have been playing guitar for thirty plus years. I have built guitars from other manufactures, and just received my first kit from Pit Bull guitars. The kit I purchased is the AIB-1Q with a quilted Maple veneer top. I'm really blown away with amazing quilted Maple top. It looks amazing, and I cant wait to decide on a color and stain it. I do have a question about my kit that I received. It appears to be incomplete (at least to me it dose). The bridge supplied is a solid string through body design. The holes for the strings are not drilled and there are no string ferrules included in the kit. Is this normal for a Pit Bull kit? I have also noticed that some of the holes are not drilled all the way. One example is the hole for the quarter inch jack. There is a hole there it just dose not go all the way through. If these things are normal for Pit Bull guitar kits please let me know. None of the are a huge deal I'm really only curious. Thanks

2. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Hi Jason and Welcome!

From time to time kits can have issues. The most common one has been TL kits with the bridge pickup rout an 1/8” too far back.
    From memory I don’t recall specific issues with the AIB’s, but I think the bridges can be strung through or top load.
    As for the jack, well, that seems a bit like a Friday afternoon whoopsie.
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same.
    Its probably good if you photo document those issues in your build diary, and maybe drop Adam at Pitbull an email so that he can get notice back to factory.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Welcome!

Yep, the output jacks on the AIB kits are not drilled all the way through (there are at least three of us now who have experienced this).

And yes, if you want string through body you'll need to drill your own holes and acquire some ferrules. I just did the drilling on mine over the weekend. (Take a look at my build diary so see)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk