Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Scratch body experiments

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Negatory - it's a generic import, so again there was some macgyvering to do on the heel. Next build I'm deffo attempting a scratch neck (bolt on)
    It's a rewarding, if somewhat frustrating, exercise. My first 2 weren't much chop, but they were good learning exercises.

A basic F style bolt on neck, whether T or S flavoured, is always a good start. Or you can dive in the deep end and go multi laminate +veneers I or G style Scarf joint nightmare; those are always fun
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    It's a rewarding, if somewhat frustrating, exercise. My first 2 weren't much chop, but they were good learning exercises.

A basic F style bolt on neck, whether T or S flavoured, is always a good start. Or you can dive in the deep end and go multi laminate +veneers I or G style Scarf joint nightmare; those are always fun
    Haha! I think I'll be attempting basic f style bolt on situations to begin with to build confidence and learnings

This one's coming along nicely. All stained ready for finishing. Was tossing up between trying something new with a wax finish or go with spray poly. Now @dozymuppet is putting bad thoughts in my head with his new wax/oil combo

Looking good. Classic colour.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Looking good mate

Calling the Flying V Junior done - I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Bone nut, Tonerider Vintage P90, MusicLily locking tuners and bridge, 500k pots vintage wiring with Mallory cap, custom pickguard and Jack plate, gold appointments and the obligatory knob pointers.

Due to weather, it was finished with brush on (foam brush) water based satin poly. I'm amazed by how the finish turned out. I'll be going down that route again for sure.

That’s a nice looking V. We’ll done! 👍

Nice job mate!

Two things that really stood out to me: the minimalist pickguard, and the perfectly matched grain on control cavity cover!!!
    I presume you used magnets to secure it, yes?
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Thanks @darkmark
    Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Nice job mate!

Two things that really stood out to me: the minimalist pickguard, and the perfectly matched grain on control cavity cover!!!
    I presume you used magnets to secure it, yes?
    Cheers! I had the magnets all ready to go, however with the finish on, it seems to pressure fit just perfectly right now. I'll see how long that holds up for before I do anymore work on it. As I'm sure when playing it in, it'll have some further fine adjustments to do as well

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast