Have been beavering away at a few scratch bodies after the inspiration on here got me thinking I took the sandwich approach in all of them and have tried to keep the costs down in them all, so at this stage I don't have very much invested but am pleased with the results so far.

There's a single cut pine/ply/pine body. The pine was joined from 180x18 panels, which worked out to be a bit cheaper than the laminated pine panel sections. Had a few "moments" with a large router bit, so there's some filler action happening.

The double cut is Tas Oak/ply/Tas Oak. Similar approach here from 185x19 panel with some really nice flamey figure through it. Hopefully it works out well enough to keep a natural finish, we will see.

Tele shape is some old hardwood floor boards I found under the house, again with a ply sandwich. Trying a different approach here, final shaping the ply in the middle and rough shaping the outside layers. Then will aim to use a bottom bearing bit to bring the rough shaped outside layers to the final shape using the middle layer as the guide.

Only the double cut and single cut bodies have been through the diy router sled to get them super level, they now need final sanding.

Plan is to use eBay/PBG necks for these if they turn out okay.