Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch body experiments

Post some quick sanding of the front and back. And a quick cheeky rub down (couldn't resist). Much more sanding to come.

2. Liked by: Joe Garfield

Ooooooo some figure coming through. Are you going set neck on this or bolt on?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Ahhh, I've got a clearer idea now, thanks for explaining.
    I like seeing how others improvise to achieve what they want with what they got!

Never has the expression "Necessity is the Mother of invention." been more true.

Very cool. Are you in Brisbane, or am I mixing you up with another member?
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Ooooooo some figure coming through. Are you going set neck on this or bolt on?
    Oh yesss

Going to go set neck on this one. DC junior single P90, wraparound bridge. I have an LP style neck, which is going to be a little hard to marry up the whole natural finish thing given that is hog. But we will see where and how things progress to. Could just keep the face el naturalo and tv yellow (with grain highlight) the back and neck, dunno

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Ahhh, I've got a clearer idea now, thanks for explaining.
    I like seeing how others improvise to achieve what they want with what they got!

Never has the expression "Necessity is the Mother of invention." been more true.

Very cool. Are you in Brisbane, or am I mixing you up with another member?
    I totally agree with you mate. And this is why I love this forum as people always endlessly inspire me too.

Nah, I'm Melbs - Mornington Peninsula

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Oh yesss

Going to go set neck on this one. DC junior single P90, wraparound bridge. I have an LP style neck, which is going to be a little hard to marry up the whole natural finish thing given that is hog. But we will see where and how things progress to. Could just keep the face el naturalo and tv yellow (with grain highlight) the back and neck, dunno
    you could do a faux(or real) binding top edge and then colour the back of neck and body a covering shade. Perhaps a similar timber headstock veneer?
    FrankenLab

I totally agree with you mate. And this is why I love this forum as people always endlessly inspire me too.

Yup, this is a great place for inspiration...and a little enablement🤣😉
    FrankenLab

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    you could do a faux(or real) binding top edge and then colour the back of neck and body a covering shade. Perhaps a similar timber headstock veneer?
    Yes great thinking. I considered binding and then got lost in figuring out how to route for it with what I have. Will have to look into the faux method. I like the headstock veneer idea to match the front of the body.

Yes great thinking. I considered binding and then got lost in figuring out how to route for it with what I have. Will have to look into the faux method. I like the headstock veneer idea to match the front of the body.
    Yes, I am looking at this for the Bargain bin ES-V. I have a whole bunch of rebate bits, but they don’t give me the right spacing to do a binding channel, or at least the right depth binding channel. I have access to a machine shop at work, so I was thinking I could machine some brass bushes in varying widths to compensate
    FrankenLab

Nice part of the world. I've been over that way when we lived in Geelong six years ago. Drove the long way around once and also took the ferry over from Queenscliff.

Maybe just as well your not in Brizzy. I'd likely become a serial pest!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast