Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Scratch body experiments

P90 cavity routed and bridge post holes drilled. Bridge earth and pickup wire channels also drilled. Given the imperfections on the face and the gaps where the floorboards join, I was going to originally veneer this mofo. But I've since become fond of the imperfections and I'm going to try just staining it as is. Let it all hang out, balls and all going to aim for a tobacco burst - I've got some keda aniline dyes I've been waiting to try out. We shall see.

I just realised It's been a while in my lockdown haze that I've posted an update on the SC and DC. SC received it's first clear coat today so will wait till thru the week to apply headstock decal and hopefully the final round of clear next weekend weather permitting. DC will get a final coat on the headstock thru the week and then both leave to gas off for a while before final assembly on both.

3. Liked by: OliSam

Thoughts on pickguard/knob scheme?

Leaning toward the tortoise with gold knobs me thinks.

The black is just vinyl wrap over the tortoise pickguard, so if I get sick of it I can just wrap it again and change the knobs I guess

I'd use black knobs with the tortoise pickguard myself.

But a single ply pickguard would be more appropriate for a Jr, in which case I'd probably opt for a more traditional black guard and black knobs if it were mine.

E.g.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	max_guitar_art-16148_epi_les_paul_junior_vs_20051526663-1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	41688

8. Liked by: ross.pearson

Calling the DC done. The intonation has been ballparked in, but I will need to make further adjustments once the neck settles a bit on both relief and bridge height, but that is all to be expected. So far it feels and sounds killer. The G P90 is so nice and probably the most responsive pickup I've had that really interacts with the vintage 50's wiring in terms of behaviour of the volume and tone pots. I'm super stoked!!

Audacious looking guitar, BD. Nice work.

Nice! I likes it!

I've tried P-90's a couple of times in different guitars, but never really got to liking them.
    I think it's because they are so much their own thing, it confused me . They just don't sound or act like a single coil or a humbucker IMO.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I've never played anything with a P90 and I'm pretty intrigued by them. Love the end result here, gorgeous guitar.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast