Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2nd Build TLA-1

Thank you Gents!!

Nice job Graham. That ash looks great with the Tru Oil. I think that will age nicely too.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Thanks McC!

As long as I also age nicely...

Wow, that looks really, really good. I like the unusual headstock and the way the decals fit on it. It's a nice bit of wood too, good idea not to hide it under a solid finish
    The Iceman is cool. Is that a PB kit guitar too?
    Nice work!

Thanks Andy,

I was very happy when I got a good piece for this kit as I wanted to do a natural finish. The Tonerider pickups are awesome, the more I play, the more I like them.

Yes, the Iceman was a pit-bull kit, my first build. I was waiting for the standard IC-1 kit and a custom special became available on the website so I grabbed that instead. Apparently it was returned as it wasn't up to the customers spec.??
    A great kit but I wish it didn't have the binding as this was tricky for a first build. At a distance it looks fine but close up there are some spots I'm not 100% happy with. It is a great guitar to play, very light and sounds good with the stock pick-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamjohnston80 View Post
    Thanks Andy,

I was very happy when I got a good piece for this kit as I wanted to do a natural finish. The Tonerider pickups are awesome, the more I play, the more I like them.

Yes, the Iceman was a pit-bull kit, my first build. I was waiting for the standard IC-1 kit and a custom special became available on the website so I grabbed that instead. Apparently it was returned as it wasn't up to the customers spec.??
    A great kit but I wish it didn't have the binding as this was tricky for a first build. At a distance it looks fine but close up there are some spots I'm not 100% happy with. It is a great guitar to play, very light and sounds good with the stock pick-ups.
    Well it looks like a great job.
    I have 2 teles, one with the hot tonerider and one with the classic. Both are superb. I wired the classics with a pull switch to put them in series, they really sing then!
    I find the stock humbuckers are pretty good out of the box

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4