Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New project guitar

Thanks all!

Dozy, I was just thinking today "people that think you can't play rock on a tele, just don't get it!".

They obviously didn't pay much attention to Jimmy Page! (or Jeff Beck and many others - guess I'm showing my age...)
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    The take home message here is...

Yeah, I had convinced myself a while ago of NO MORE GUITARS, but being of weak constitution, I have failed (again).

In my defence I have one other guitar up for sale...

One in... one out... that's the same thing isn't it???

One guitar for sale does not equate to one guitar sold. Total number is + 1.

Well it's now just pile of parts, so easier to hide the evidence!

Mrs McCreed does not know.
    As a number of wise forums members before me have said, “Sometimes it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.”
    Keep up the good work 😉
    Roughly 3 months to the day from my original post, I finally sold that one guitar of the old "one in/one out" scheme.
    I knew I wouldn't get what I was asking, and I didn't get hurt too badly, but it is certainly a buyer's market out there.

The good news is I haven't bought any more since posting, so there is that...

Good discipline, I guess...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Roughly 3 months to the day from my original post, I finally sold that one guitar of the old "one in/one out" scheme.
    I knew I wouldn't get what I was asking, and I didn't get hurt too badly, but it is certainly a buyer's market out there.

The good news is I haven't bought any more since posting, so there is that...
    Nice work McCreed. I know a lot of us say we will sell a guitar but it never happens.. I bought a Fender Bullet on market place. Did some fret work cleaned it up etc. Looking to sell it on but the market is full of cheap guitars atm.

In my experience the only way one-for-one works is when you do a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodc View Post
    Nice work McCreed. I know a lot of us say we will sell a guitar but it never happens.. I bought a Fender Bullet on market place. Did some fret work cleaned it up etc. Looking to sell it on but the market is full of cheap guitars atm.
    A couple of years ago I had minor aspirations (delusions???) of building guitars just to sell. No matter how nice they looked or how great they played & sounded, nobody is interested in a guitar that doesn't have an F or a G on it. Especially when the overall quality of budget guitars has come so far these days. Offers I got wouldn't even cover the materials, so I gave up on the idea entirely.

In my experience the only way one-for-one works is when you do a trade.
    Yeah, like that's going to happen...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6