Thread: Microtonal guitar necks?

Microtonal guitar necks?

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I was wondering what the chances are of getting some microtonal necks in? Any demand apart from me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Freakystyley - don't like your chances - anything that is not "standard" (noting that standard is very broad) tends to be difficult to translate to the factories in China. That said - maybe DIY is an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Freakystyley View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I was wondering what the chances are of getting some microtonal necks in? Any demand apart from me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIY or find a luthier to custom build one for you. There’s a number of forum members that could do it for you, @vh2580 springs to mind, or Woltz perhaps
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Hmm, havent really seen anything on microtonal scales, but after googling in most cases the normal scale is retained and only adding frets onto board shouldn't be too hard to fit . You could make it easier if you order a normal scale slotted neck without frets and cutting new slots for additional and then fretting (no existing frets to get in way. )
    Working out which EDO you want to use is the only consideration. EDO (12 Tone Equally Divided Octave) on standard guitar, centre of scale is 12th fret and on picture looks as that would be 17 EDO ie centre of scale is 17th. On your picture the added frets are just splitting the existing fret spacings.
    Tony