Hi All,

Getting started on my first build, an ST-1 with rosewood fingerboard. I plan on finishing the body with a solid colour (ideally shell pink, although finding a suitable product seems it may prove difficult) and the neck with tru-oil.

Received the kit today and will confirm all bits are present tonight doing a mock fit.

Definitely intended as a learning process, I am aiming to try:
- Fret level, crown, dressing and polish
- Shape headstock
- Finish neck with tru-oil (Never tried before, only ever owned gloss poly necks which I definitely don't like. If I don't like the tru-oil I will go satin poly, unless that means a new neck in which case I will just deal with it)
- Set action (low low) and intonation (I upgraded to bone nut, wasn't expecting it to come fitted, concerned I will damage it trying to remove it to fix the action)
- Solid colour finish on body (I don't have a compressor, so will likely use aerosols. For this reason I am hesitant to go a nitro finish on a first attempt. Sounds like it could be an expensive endeavour. Acrylic seems to be the go, but not sure if a colour match service like that offered by SCA will acheive the colour I want?)
- Once it is all put together, I will play it for a month or two before changing the bridge pick-up for a humbucker. Need to look in to this more for a suitable type. Would like to experiment here a bit e.g. coil splitting, push-pull pots