Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Body only project

You can definitely pick up some great Squiers, I think the ones that are about 15 years old or so seemed to be better dimensions and more solid bodies (full thickness) but the necks are all the same. I just didn't have a Fender headstock in my lineup, so I was shopping for brand

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    I avoid the stratosphere just because of their ridiculous international shipping prices. Great selection of parts, but just not economically feasible.

HereIsJT's suggestion is one I would consider with one exception, I hunt for used Squiers. If you know what to look for there are older models and certain years that were made to Fender dimensions. Also you can pick up a used Squier Bullet cheap as chips (again older models tend to be better quality and some are full thickness bodies). I personally think the older Bullet necks are better than most no-name aftermarket necks out there. The fretwire material is probably the biggest shortcoming, but certainly serviceable and easily replaced if/when needed.

It's good to hear from others that there is compatibility between the PBG neck pockets and genuine Fender necks. I would have been very sceptical based on my own experience of combining genuine and non-licenced parts manufactures.

Look forward to seeing which way you go and what your build winds up being!

Quote Originally Posted by HereIsJT View Post
    You can definitely pick up some great Squiers,
    You can definitely pick up a brand new Squier Mustang cheaper than buying an aftermarket neck for one.

cheers, Mark.

In case you're not aware, Strat and Tele pockets are different shapes at the ends - Strats are more curved, and Teles are flatter with squarer shoulders.

4. Liked by: PShilling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2