Thread: Diagram and Video for ST wiring different than my part?

Diagram and Video for ST wiring different than my part?

Hello! This is my first post. I am looking through the instructions and everything to make sure everything checks out, and one part has confused me. In the wiring diagram for my model (ST-1M) it says there should be two wires. In the wiring video for the same guitar it says there should be a black wire with two little wires coming out of it (if im not mistaken), and one yellow wire pre-soldered on the back of the volume pot. But in my build there are two yellow wires coming out of the back, and one single black wire without the smaller wires inside. I looked around but I dont see any mention of this setup online. Is this a newer configuration? Or did my kit come with a quirk? How should I wire it up? Thank you

Unfortunately wire colour is not necessarily consistent from kit to kit, and there are also differences between pickup and jump wire colour to what may appear on the wiring diagrams.

I believe you have a loaded pickguard with pre-wired electronics in that kit, so it should be just a matter of soldering the ground wire(s) and output jack to their respective places.
    If you can post a pic of your wiring, it would be easier for one of us to identify what you need to connect where.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Nevermind, im just an idiot lol. It wasn't hard, I just confused myself.

In case anyone comes across this in the future, the black wire gets soldered to the outside of the output jack, one of the yellow wires gets soldered to the middle of the output jack, and the other yellow wire get started to the metal thing on the back holding the bridge

Glad you got it sorted and hope everything is working for you!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...