Thread: Sc-1 wiring help

Sc-1 wiring help

Hello. I am at the stage where I'm ready to start the final assembly but I'm very new to the wiring end of things. Here is a link to the SV-1 wiring diagram:
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...PBG%20sv-1.pdf

I have attached a photo of mine, which looks a little different? There is also a video on the Pitbull website with this very guitar, but that too is different than mine. Looks like I only have 2 wires to worry about, but I can't find a real answer as to where they go?

The black wire coming off of my volume looks like it could be the brown wire in the diagram that goes to the "hot" output jack. But then the blue wire coming off of my volume I can't figure out? The diagram has an earth wire from the tone pot to the output jack, and a purple from the volume to the tone. Mine doesn't. Any help much appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	420.1 KB 
ID:	39308

The single black wire is your ground wire for the bridge. The easiest way to ground the bridge is to solder the black wire to the spring claw in the rear cavity. There are other ways to achieve this, but the claw is most common in this scenario.

The blue wire is a coaxial wire meaning it has both a signal conductor and a shield (or ground in this case).
    The white insulated lead in the centre goes to the "hot" lug of the output jack. The bare portion goes to the ground lug of the output jack.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Thank you so much! I'll try that out.