Thread: Volume discrepancy between bass strings and treble strings

Volume discrepancy between bass strings and treble strings

Testing out the new ESPM-1 build, and i noticed on a major difference in volume between the strings.

The Low E, A, and D strings were loud and the G, B, and high E were much softer, adjusting the pickups to counter only helps a little.

Not sure of what pups are in this kit, but guessing they need to be upgraded...

Anyone else have this issue, and rectified it?

is this happening in all the pickups?

I put a set of fender strings on my Starcaster last week that did this. The G, B and E strings were barely audible.

Turns out the strings weren't being picked up! I put and old string back on and the problem went away.

Yes, it is happening on both pups, volume and tone seem to work fine though....

Tony, i am going to put some new strings on tonight, see what happens, as the strings that came with the kit are on it at the moment.

Just wondering how strong the magnets are in these pups....

Changed strings to Slinky's and sounds fantastic... Awesome guitar and enjoyable to make, will be doing another for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by NRich View Post
    Tony, i am going to put some new strings on tonight, see what happens, as the strings that came with the kit are on it at the moment.

Just wondering how strong the magnets are in these pups....
    its an interesting phenomenon, I too strung up a recent build with the kit strings and got a very dull response from the g string. (No off colour jokes please folks).
    chnaged out to a fresh set of D’addario 10-52 and wooshka, brilliant clear bell like tone. Kit strings good for alignment, set up of action and not much else it seems.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

8. Liked by: NRich, wazkelly

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    I too strung up a recent build with the kit strings and got a very dull response from the g string.
    (Throws caution to the wind) I tend to get a dull response no matter what garment I put on.

cheers, Mark.

10. Liked by: arie_shapira, wazkelly

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    (Throws caution to the wind) I tend to get a dull response no matter what garment I put on.

cheers, Mark.
    “Facepalm”
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck