Thread: £60 ($AU 106) Telecaster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face £60 ($AU 106) Telecaster

Given to me by a work colleague was this Glarry Telecaster that he bought before Christmas for £60 brand new from the 'bay. His son decided that he did not want to play guitar (couldn't be bothered to learn I was told) I thought it may yield some usable spare parts but was quite surprised at how playable it was, with a not bad set up too. I decided not to break it up but to remodel the headstock (it was quite horribly pointy) and to fit a through the body, brass ferrule block. I needed to replace the volume pot as it had no stop point and was generally not brilliant in its operation. I have ended up with (another) decent Tele for no money, just a little time, a pot and a piece of brass. The hardware is not bad, I will tweak the saddles a bit to get better alignment on the bridge pickup pole pieces, but thats about it win win
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glt (4).JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	38876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glt (2).JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	38877  
    Guns, Guitars, Bikes and Cars and the love of a good woman who allows me to indulge

2. Liked by: dave.king1

Good score. You couldn't buy all the parts for $160 even if you bought budget hardware & pickups.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...