Thread: 60 ($AU 106) Telecaster

Red face 60 ($AU 106) Telecaster

Given to me by a work colleague was this Glarry Telecaster that he bought before Christmas for 60 brand new from the 'bay. His son decided that he did not want to play guitar (couldn't be bothered to learn I was told) I thought it may yield some usable spare parts but was quite surprised at how playable it was, with a not bad set up too. I decided not to break it up but to remodel the headstock (it was quite horribly pointy) and to fit a through the body, brass ferrule block. I needed to replace the volume pot as it had no stop point and was generally not brilliant in its operation. I have ended up with (another) decent Tele for no money, just a little time, a pot and a piece of brass. The hardware is not bad, I will tweak the saddles a bit to get better alignment on the bridge pickup pole pieces, but thats about it win win
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glt (4).JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	38876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glt (2).JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	38877  
    Guns, Guitars, Bikes and Cars and the love of a good woman who allows me to indulge

2. Liked by: dave.king1

Good score. You couldn't buy all the parts for $160 even if you bought budget hardware & pickups.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...