Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First gig with my new band tonight

I'd be happy to be able to sing....or play guitar...you can do both at the same time! I can't drink and walk at the same time.
    Great Job!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

2. Liked by: dave.king1

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    Didn't seem that bad.

No, the drummer has no sense of dynamics and was cheerfully drowning everyone else out.

Cheers, Mark.
    I think this might fix it......at least they come with a volume control.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[LDLK]NitroMeshKit_Ortho_Web_RGB.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	39353
    # 1 - EX-5 https://goo.gl/fQJMqh
    # 2 - EX-1 https://goo.gl/KSY9W9
    # 3 - Non PBG Tele https://goo.gl/W14G5g
    # 4 - Non PBG J Bass https://goo.gl/FbBaFy
    # 5 - TL-1AR GOTM Aug 2017 https://goo.gl/sUh14s
    # 6 - MMB-4 Runner-up GOTM Oct 2018https://goo.gl/gvrPkp
    # 7 - ES-1 Runner-up GOTM Aug 2018https://goo.gl/T9BEY8

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Well he's been a huge asset to us and we are happy with his playing. We've had a great reaction every time we have played so far, which has been nice for a band which is purely about creating original music for fun.

There are plenty of people on this site who post their own music and by and large it is boring, unoriginal, over produced, old man, clap trap. You know what I do when I happen to click on it and listen to their dreary re-interpretations of chord structures and scales that have been done to death?

I resist the urge to criticise and move on without commenting.

It's been a long time since I've managed to find a group of people who are willing to experiment and work on something other than covers. Not only that, they all turn up to rehearsals and are lovely people to boot. We aren't going to set the world on fire and we'll be happy to gig locally until we inevitably run out of steam.

It's never going to be for everyone, but that's ok, the world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things. The primary directive is to have fun. And we will continue to do that, loud drummer and all.

I'll resist sharing in future.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

5. Liked by: dave.king1

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Well we're having fun. I'll let you guys get back to your 12 bar blues.
    And that folks is exactly what it's about, musos enjoying themselves and getting joy back from the punters on the floor.

As artists we don't choose music, it chooses us

Well he's been a huge asset to us and we are happy with his playing. We've had a great reaction every time we have played so far, which has been nice for a band which is purely about creating original music for fun.

There are plenty of people on this site who post their own music and by and large it is boring, unoriginal, over produced, old man, clap trap. You know what I do when I happen to click on it and listen to their dreary re-interpretations of chord structures and scales that have been done to death?

I resist the urge to criticise and move on without commenting.

It's been a long time since I've managed to find a group of people who are willing to experiment and work on something other than covers. Not only that, they all turn up to rehearsals and are lovely people to boot. We aren't going to set the world on fire and we'll be happy to gig locally until we inevitably run out of steam.

It's never going to be for everyone, but that's ok, the world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things. The primary directive is to have fun. And we will continue to do that, loud drummer and all.

I'll resist sharing in future.
    It’d be boring if well all liked the same thing and nothing changed. Keep doing what you do SM. Keep sharing, keep doing it your way.
    different ideas collide and mix and make new ideas.
    I find huge inspiration in what you and many others on this site share, It gives me the drive to do the silly things I do and share them with the forum.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks Frankie, I'm not having a cry about it. It is the internet after all.

But this little corner does differ from the rest of the internet in that there is an unspoken rule that if you don't have anything nice to say, you don't say anything.

There are also polite ways of framing constructive and helpful criticism. Certain members at times struggle with their tone and there is one in particular here that I try and be accommodating to, but who in real life would probably find a pretty adverse reaction to some of their posts/opinions, if indeed they had the courage to say such things to a persons face. Which I doubt.

That has rubbed me the wrong way a bit here, where I was sharing mostly for fun and because I'm excited to be playing live again after a long break.

No comments would have been fine and conveyed the same message.

Eh?

Thanks Frankie, I'm not having a cry about it
    And then followed with
    I resist the urge to criticise and move on without commenting
    Somebody requires a digestive biscuit and a bit of a lie down.

cheers, Mark.

Playing with folks you like is great. Doing so front of an audience that enjoyed it is awesome. I hope you'll keep posting. There is something really fun about listening music recorded live. I also really like seeing and hearing instruments that have appeared here.

Struck a chord with you did I Mark?

Cheers fender3x. I don't have a lot to share at the moment anyway so was just trying to stay in touch.

Struck a chord with you did I Mark?
    Sorry I didn't realise I was in the thread of an exciting original musical pioneer.

cheers, Mark.

P.S. some of the other 'old men' around here may not be so deferential.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast