Thread: 1st build dhb5

1st build dhb5

How do I install the 3 way switch in the dhb5 semi hollow body

Hi Salguod. And welcome!

I presume you mean physically getting it into place not wiring it.
    If that's the case, you'll need to fish a line (string, fishing line etc) through the switch hole and out the F hole to pull the switch assembly through.

However, if you get yourself a length of surgical tubing, it's easier to control when you pull everything through. Especially because you'll have to wire the switch beforehand and be pulling the wires also. The tubing will fit right onto the switch tip and typically grips it really tightly.

There are YT videos that this technique being used on hollow bodies like ES-335's to give you a better idea.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Thanks,can you tell me which wiring diagram should I use for the dhb5?

Can you tell me what wiring diagram I should use for a dhb5

Hi Salguod. Sorry just saw this.

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...t3_bass_V3.pdf

Same as the 4 string - 2 Vol - 2 Tone - 3-way switch

The wiring diagram shows 2 wires on the humbucker pickups the pickups that came with the kit have 3 wires,2 with 2 wires wrapped around each other, and a single black wire ,how does that work with the said wiring diagram? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Salguod View Post
    The wiring diagram shows 2 wires on the humbucker pickups the pickups that came with the kit have 3 wires,2 with 2 wires wrapped around each other, and a single black wire ,how does that work with the said wiring diagram? Thanks in advance!
    If one of the wires is bare in the pair twisted together, that would be the ground/earth.

Colour codes vary, so hard to go strictly off colour, but a picture is worth a thousand words if you can post one, I (or someone) would be better able to say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    If one of the wires is bare in the pair https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-in-march/amp/ together, that would be the ground/earth.

Colour codes vary, so hard to go strictly off colour, but a picture is worth a thousand words if you can post one, I (or someone) would be better able to say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salguod View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/3CVJfbUgmVJfempE8

Ahhhhh, OK! I see now.

The red & white wires twisted together are the individual coils joined up in series. You need to put heat shrink tubing (or electrical insulating tape) over the end of that pair so they don't touch anything else and create a short.

The green and bare wire twisted together are the ground/earth and get connected to the back of a pot as shown in the diagram.

The single black wire is the positive or "hot" (signal) wire and get connected to the relevant volume pot as shown in the diagram.

Easy peasy!