Thread: First Build- Tele Deluxe GTH-1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Build- Tele Deluxe GTH-1

It took longer then I had anticipated, but I was finally able to get started on my guitar kit today. I had previously done a mock build to ensure everything was included, so today I worked on doing some initial sanding, and getting the neck to fit into the body. It took a little more work then I had hoped to sand the neck pocket so the neck would fit in, but I am happy with how it fits, and I think it has a good fit. Aside from fitting the neck, I started sanding the body of the guitar, I started with a 180 grit, and after that, I used a 320 grit. I am planning to do some more sanding with higher grit, the next time I do work on the guitar.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how high of grit I should sand with prior to starting the finish?

I have uploaded a picture of the guitar I am planning to model my guitar after, and there are a couple things I was hoping to get some suggestions on.

Does anyone have any advice on what product to use to get the body a solid black with a high gloss?

Is there a product that can give me that vintage yellow finish for the neck and fretboard, and depending on what I use on the neck and fretboard, do most products come off the frets easily afterwards while polishing the frets?

I appreciate any suggestions, or advice anyone has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitar2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	38744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitar build.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	38745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sum 41 guitar.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	566.1 KB 
ID:	38746