Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Peavey 410TX Bass Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    That will be wheely good.

Yeah,....in a round-about way (yes, pun fully, and shamelessly intended.....hahahaha), then I'll be able to go a rollin, rollin, rollin on a river.....sorry, couldn't resist.....hahahaha.....
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 08-09-2021 at 02:55 PM.

I think I have finally found some info on the stock speakers that were in my Peavey 410TX Bass Cab, found this webpage after doing some googling this afternoon:

https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...EY-PACKAGE-368

Even gives a full list of all the specs of the speakers.

These Eminence Retrobass 10 Inch speakers look like they may be a good substitute/replacement:

https://thespeakerfactory.com.au/pro...=shopify_email

I could even go with these, I'd end up with a 4 Ohm cab if I used four of these in a series-parallel wiring setup:

My Fender Super Twin will work with a speaker load with a minimum impedance of 4 Ohms, I would then most likely get the maximum power output of the amp if I plugged it into the Peavey 410TX with four of the 4 Ohm Eminence Retrobass speakers in it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 10-09-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    I think I have finally found some info on the stock speakers that were in my Peavey 410TX Bass Cab, found this webpage after doing some googling this afternoon:

https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...EY-PACKAGE-368

Even gives a full list of all the specs of the speakers.

These Eminence Retrobass 10 Inch speakers look like they may be a good substitute/replacement:

I could even go with these, I'd end up with a 4 Ohm cab if I used four of these in a series-parallel wiring setup:

My Fender Super Twin will work with a speaker load with a minimum impedance of 4 Ohms, I would then most likely get the maximum power output of the amp if I plugged it into the Peavey 410TX with four of the 4 Ohm Eminence Retrobass speakers in it.
    There is something odd about those "retrobass" speakers. I had never heard of them so I looked at the Eminence website and didn't find them. Also the model number looked weird. This occurred to me because I have a set of S2012s which are neodymium bass speakers, not the ceramics in the pic. Sure enough, on the website the S2010s are neodymium "Basslites". The Basslites are s good speaker, and have better TS specs and are cheaper than the Peavey speakers. But they don't look anything like the retrobass speakers in the pic.

Caveat emptor.

BTW, the real Eminence S2010 is a nice, light bass speaker with better xmax specs than the Peaveys. If you don't care about the weight the Eminence Legend (BP102) is s terrific speaker, cheaper than either option above, and has almost twice the xmax of the Peavey.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    There is something odd about those "retrobass" speakers. I had never heard of them so I looked at the Eminence website and didn't find them. Also the model number looked weird. This occurred to me because I have a set of S2012s which are neodymium bass speakers, not the ceramics in the pic. Sure enough, on the website the S2010s are neodymium "Basslites". The Basslites are s good speaker, and have better TS specs and are cheaper than the Peavey speakers. But they don't look anything like the retrobass speakers in the pic.

Caveat emptor.

BTW, the real Eminence S2010 is a nice, light bass speaker with better xmax specs than the Peaveys. If you don't care about the weight the Eminence Legend (BP102) is s terrific speaker, cheaper than either option above, and has almost twice the xmax of the Peavey.

Yeah, true, trouble is, I haven't been able to find more than one of those Eminence Legends BP102s, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, if I could find four of them in decent/working condition, then for sure, they would be my first choice for my Peavey 410TX bass cab, I'm more than willing, and quite happy to do some shopping around before I start plonking-down my cash though.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 18-09-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Yeah, true, trouble is, I haven't been able to find more than one of those Eminence Legends BP102s, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough, if I could find four of them in decent/working condition, then for sure, they would be my first choice for my Peavey 410TX bass cab, I'm more than willing, and quite happy to do some shopping around before I start plonking-down my cash though.
    Wow! I just checked in with my two favorite places to get speakers and they are sold out of BP102s. Never seen that before. Also out of my next favorites, the Deltalites.

Parts-Express.com has the "real" S2010s which are also better, lighter and cheaper than the Peaveys.

I have some S2012s, that have similar specs. I have some kind of Eminence driver in every cab but one. Great value for the $

I have a pair of BP102s that I put in a quad box with a pair of 10" Alphas, never played through them and have since binned the box and sold the Alphas.

They are as new, make me a sensible offer if you're interested

I broadened my search a little and found some in other places...Would be happy to share, but if others know a decent AUS supplier that's probably better. Here I found some on Amazon and eBay that were in stock, as well as at Sweetwater and a few other places. But all in the US. Probably better for you if you can find them there...

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    I broadened my search a little and found some in other places...Would be happy to share, but if others know a decent AUS supplier that's probably better. Here I found some on Amazon and eBay that were in stock, as well as at Sweetwater and a few other places. But all in the US. Probably better for you if you can find them there...

I wonder why those Eminence Legend BP102s seem to be so popular all the time?, and why they seem to be so hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    I have a pair of BP102s that I put in a quad box with a pair of 10" Alphas, never played through them and have since binned the box and sold the Alphas.

They are as new, make me a sensible offer if you're interested

How many Ohms are they?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast