Thread: Peavey 410TX Bass Cab.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Peavey 410TX Bass Cab.

Hey Everyone,

Thought that I would start a thread about my Peavey 410TX Bass Cab in the amp section.

Anyway, according to guy I bought the cab off of, he reckons I've got it fully paid-off, I've had a good look at the cab and from what I can determine only one of the original speakers is fully functional, the other three read open-circuit on my digital multimeter, so I'm going to have to buy four new replacements in order to get the cab working, and usable again, all the original acoustic dampening material needs removing and replacing cause it doesn't half pong, had to spray the insides with some air-freshener to make it bearable....but I digress...

Ok, so the original speakers are 10 inchers, I need four new replacements, from reading the back panel, the speaker cab is designed to handle at least 350 Watts RMS if my memory is correct, I'll have to check that.

Some pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peavey Bass Cab 1_resized.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	38640

Name:	Peavey Bass Cab 2_resized.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	38641

Name:	Peavey Bass Cab 3_resized.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	38642

Name:	Peavey Bass Cab 5_resized.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	38643

One forum member has suggested that the Eminence Legend B102 could be a good replacement speaker for the originals, I just wished that Peavey had the foresight to print the make and model-number of the original speakers on the back of them, would have been so helpful when choosing the right replacement.

So, why am I interested in replacing all four of the original speakers?, I have a mid-70's Fender Super Twin amp which just happens to work really well as a Bass amp, the guy who sold it to me used it as a Bass amp for years and he told me that it worked great, I recently did a recording-session out at a mate's place, and the guy who sold the Super Twin to me, plugged his Fender P-Bass into it and used it for the recording session, sounded really good, I'm interested in using my Peavey 410TX Bass cab with my Super Twin amp so that I've got a good bass rig for recording or doing live gigs, I have a feeling that the Super Twin and the Peavey 410TX will sound really good together, once the cab is all sorted, so there's a good project for me to work-on in 2021, I may even look at building a solid-state Bass amp out of some bits and pieces I have in my studio room, there's a circuit board from an old Peavey TKO 80 non-eq Bass amp combo that has a good sounding preamp in it, I just need to ditch the 30 Watt power amp section and substitute a more powerful power amp circuit board, and then mount the lot, plus a power supply in a nice 19 inch rackmount case, and then I'll be in business.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 31-12-2020 at 01:12 PM.