Thread: Randall combo amp.

Randall combo amp.

Hey everyone,

Well guess what? a great mate of mine just gave me a Randall guitar combo amp, for nothing, he reckons it doesn't work but I reckon I can fix it since I managed to find a full set of schematics for it on the internet, including one for the footswitch, the amp is a Randall RG100 G3 Plus solid state guitar amp that uses a hybrid Tube/Mosfet power amp, the amp itself is rated to put-out 100W, the Tube used in the amp is a JJ ECC81 and is used to modify how the Mosfet Power amp behaves at full output, it makes the power amp clip softly from what I've read online, anyway, here's a pic of the amp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randall Amp_resized.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	44393

The amp has two 12 inch Celestions in it which are apparently regarded as good speakers, they are labelled Celestion Seventy 80, the cabinet appears to be completely made out of Birch Plywood since i can't see any evidence of particle board or MDF in it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 13-06-2023 at 11:06 PM.

Nice get! I have a 12" Seventy 80 in a single speaker combo amp. I like it well enough. It's a relatively cheap Celestion speaker...emphasis on "relatively." Some people love them and the come as OEM on a number of amps. You'll find detractors, but I am guessing they will be good with that amp, and very loud ;-)

Been doing some tests on the amp and I've found that the amp does work, but, it has an intermittent volume-loss fault which I think is caused by one or more circuit board connectors that connects the circuit board for the preamp to the circuit board for the amp's FX loop send/return sockets.