Thread: Dbh-4 bass kit

Dbh-4 bass kit

I bought this bass kit off of the Pitbull Guitars website. I am not done yet just posting my progress. I painted the kit using rustoleom 2x paints and I already installed the neck and the tuners. Just a few questions, how do I do The wiring, ill attach a picture of the wires? Is the three way tone switch needed? And how do I install the bridge a picture will Also be included. Thank you! *edit the photos wont upload so here is a drive folder with them*

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BX?usp=sharing
    Last edited by alexAMK; 28-12-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Hey Alex. If you copy the picture link and type (img) before it and (/img) after but use the square brackets ---> [] the picture will link and appear in your post.

Be very sure the Rustoleum has completely cured and be aware that even after a couple of years it will interact with the foam on most guitar stands and kind of 'melt'. I've used it on my first build, and it is quite a good product, but I won't be using it again.

It looks like you don't need a switch for this kit as it's controlled via the volume knobs - this wiring diagram should be what you need:

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...s/pdf/IB-5.pdf

With the bridge, you'll need to put the ferrules in for the string through, then it's the tension of the strings that holds the bridge in place, so it will just be a matter of measuring the scale length and placing it as far as I am aware.

I do know some people have struggled to find long enough strings for these kits, so it might be worth having a look over some of the build threads to see how people have solved that, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Hi alex.

Based on the existing holes in the body, it appears to me that there is supposed to be a 3-way switch (ala Les Paul style).

See kit photo HERE. There is clearly a switch in the collection of parts in the photo.

Was there no switch included in the kit? If not you can contact Adam at PBG or buy one (better quality) from a third party.

The wiring scheme you want for including the 3-way switch would be THIS ONE

BTW, I like the paint job!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Doh, missed the switch hole in the upper horn. Yeah there should be a switch in there.