Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Scale kits - Feedback & Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Multi-Scale kits - Feedback & Ideas

Multi-scale fans, I'm starting this thread to harvest your comments, feedback, ideas, wishes and random thoughts on the multi-scale kits we are selling and the potential of multi-scale kits we might be selling in the future

We introduced 3 new 7 string Multi-Scale DIY Guitar Kits recently and they have completely sold out... which was a bit of a shock to me, as I did not realise there was such a market for MS kits.

We have more 7 String MS kits on order and we have added 6 String MS kits to the order (same 27"/25.5" multiscale) as our GMS-7 kits, but with 6 strings. We will also work on some MS Bass Kits, with your help.

So, I would love to hear from you, our Multi-scale loving customers... do you want to build a Multi-scale DIY Guitar or Bas Kit?

If so, how many strings, what multi-scale do you prefer (Guitar or Bass), what body shape, type of body and neck wood, fretboard, hardware colour, etc, would you like and, finally, which Pit Bull Guitars kits would you like to see offered as Multi-scale kits?

Go for it!
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

2. Liked by: kuanjb

I'm super keen to buy a multi scale kit, though I don't know that I have particular requests.

6, 7 or 8 string would interest me, but I'm definitely not a fan of the straight bit of fretboard after the nut (if that makes sense). I feel like this has been discussed elsewhere though, so it's not really that much useful info for you.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

4. Liked by: kuanjb

And kits that were constructed a bit better, with bridges with enough intonation adjustment, so that we on the forum don't have to keep coming up with ways to get them to work.

6. Liked by: kuanjb

Hey Simon, how are you doing? Hope you've been surviving the apocalypse ok. How's life under Boris?

Not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Are you referring to the placement of the bridge post holes, the actual tun-o-matic bridge supplied, or something else? Can you point me to a example thread where this has been an issue, so I can get an understanding of the problem?
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Hey Simon, how are you doing? Hope you've been surviving the apocalypse ok. How's life under Boris?

Not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Are you referring to the placement of the bridge post holes, the actual tun-o-matic bridge supplied, or something else? Can you point me to a example thread where this has been an issue, so I can get an understanding of the problem?
    Granted I haven't built mine and won't get to until spring (northern hemisphere) but the low B stringthrough hole in the body seems like it might be a little too far forward. The break angle seemed like it would need to be either directly above the string through hole, or possibly even behind it. This is what I posted when I got the kit:

The 27" side is kind of odd? 27" will put the saddle's break angle pretty far back, not too far away from the string through hole, and that's not even considering the need for it to be set further back by nature of being a thicker string. I'm kind of wondering if the supposed 27" scale already includes some compensation for the lower strings needing to be set further back. That would seem to fit with how it measures out at both the 12th fret and the bridge. Considering the other half of the fretboard appears to be perfectly spot on, whatever is going on here is probably right. I think.
    I vaguely remember it being brought up in other threads for the kits as well but I haven't read one that got to a point where it was built and had confirmed issues on the low B.
    1. GS-2Q
    2. EXM-1 custom
    3. GMS-7F

9. Liked by: adam

Hi Adam, just wondering if there has been any updated on when these kits may be available again...a moving target given COVID i know but just seeing if there was any news.
    Build #001 PBG SV-1 Complete
    Build #002 Non PBG PRS Style Semi Hollow Complete
    Build #003 PBG TL-1TB Complete
    Build #004 PBG IC-1 In Progress
    Build #005 SMS 7Q - In Progress

Also keen a MS guitar at some stage, but would probably be a one-off build. So bang for buck, I'd probably be keen for an 8-string. Hadn't thought about a bass TBH.

The reported neck/nut/headstock aesthetic is worth mentioning again.

Also, some versatility/flexibility with pick-ups would be desirable. If I'm only going to build one of these, being able to upgrade hardware would be a plus.

Having just built one of these, the biggest thing was the pickup routing to accomodate aftermarket pickups, maybe rectangle routing and the mounting feet centred? as its near impossible to get pickups to fit the current ones and a bolt on neck would be good too
    Last edited by Barry snook; 10-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.

With a bass multi scale kit, also consider pickup routing so that it’s easy to change them out, without having to custom make pickup rings that are quite hard to make well without a 3D printer

single string bridges for both would be great, I had a lot of trouble getting the b string to intonate properly

battery routing for active pickups would be a good idea too, let’s be honest if you after a MS Bass your most likely going to swap them out for actives
    Last edited by Barry snook; 10-12-2020 at 10:33 PM.

What about neck profiles? What are the current kit ones like to play and could they be better? Very subjective, but if the necks are the wrong shape, then you are very unlikely to play them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast