Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Scale kits - Feedback & Ideas

Multi-Scale kits - Feedback & Ideas

Multi-scale fans, I'm starting this thread to harvest your comments, feedback, ideas, wishes and random thoughts on the multi-scale kits we are selling and the potential of multi-scale kits we might be selling in the future

We introduced 3 new 7 string Multi-Scale DIY Guitar Kits recently and they have completely sold out... which was a bit of a shock to me, as I did not realise there was such a market for MS kits.

We have more 7 String MS kits on order and we have added 6 String MS kits to the order (same 27"/25.5" multiscale) as our GMS-7 kits, but with 6 strings. We will also work on some MS Bass Kits, with your help.

So, I would love to hear from you, our Multi-scale loving customers... do you want to build a Multi-scale DIY Guitar or Bas Kit?

If so, how many strings, what multi-scale do you prefer (Guitar or Bass), what body shape, type of body and neck wood, fretboard, hardware colour, etc, would you like and, finally, which Pit Bull Guitars kits would you like to see offered as Multi-scale kits?

Go for it!
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

2. Liked by: kuanjb

I'm super keen to buy a multi scale kit, though I don't know that I have particular requests.

6, 7 or 8 string would interest me, but I'm definitely not a fan of the straight bit of fretboard after the nut (if that makes sense). I feel like this has been discussed elsewhere though, so it's not really that much useful info for you.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

4. Liked by: kuanjb

And kits that were constructed a bit better, with bridges with enough intonation adjustment, so that we on the forum don't have to keep coming up with ways to get them to work.

6. Liked by: kuanjb

Also keen a MS guitar at some stage, but would probably be a one-off build. So bang for buck, I'd probably be keen for an 8-string. Hadn't thought about a bass TBH.

The reported neck/nut/headstock aesthetic is worth mentioning again.

Also, some versatility/flexibility with pick-ups would be desirable. If I'm only going to build one of these, being able to upgrade hardware would be a plus.

Having just built one of these, the biggest thing was the pickup routing to accomodate aftermarket pickups, maybe rectangle routing and the mounting feet centred? as its near impossible to get pickups to fit the current ones and a bolt on neck would be good too
    Last edited by Barry snook; 10-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.

With a bass multi scale kit, also consider pickup routing so that it’s easy to change them out, without having to custom make pickup rings that are quite hard to make well without a 3D printer

single string bridges for both would be great, I had a lot of trouble getting the b string to intonate properly

battery routing for active pickups would be a good idea too, let’s be honest if you after a MS Bass your most likely going to swap them out for actives
    Last edited by Barry snook; 10-12-2020 at 10:33 PM.

What about neck profiles? What are the current kit ones like to play and could they be better? Very subjective, but if the necks are the wrong shape, then you are very unlikely to play them.

I was considering one, but the slightly flawed design of the nut/fretboard end area was a bit of a bummer. It would not take a lot to improve their design to be aestetically more beautiful to look at. I am talking about the fretboard excess on the high strings.
    I’ve heard about the neck pickup being difficult to fit in the neck pocket. Another easy fix I guess.
    If it’s not already the case, the size and format of the pickups should allow for easy replacement/upgrade options from other manufacturers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-8-MULTISCALE-1464-TILT.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	38379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MScale.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	38380  
    Last edited by Eric67; 11-12-2020 at 02:53 AM.

12. Liked by: kuanjb

Yeah, that fretboard beyond the nut really kills it for me.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

14. Liked by: kuanjb

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    What about neck profiles? What are the current kit ones like to play and could they be better? Very subjective, but if the necks are the wrong shape, then you are very unlikely to play them.
    yes this is true, my ibanez 7 is really thin and nice to play, the MS is much thicker, would really like it to be thinner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast