Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Scale kits - Feedback & Ideas

I'd be interested in a 6 string but a little shorter scale length. Maybe 24"-26". And a hardtail. For body shape I quite like Ibanez / super strat style kits like XB-1, DMF-8, and AIB-1. Or even offset shapes like Mustang or JM. G&L Fallout, Skyhawk or MM Stingray style kits would be awesome too. And not just in multiscale.
    Last edited by kuanjb; 11-12-2020 at 12:21 PM.

As for a bass..... what about a baritone? 27-30" 6 string.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    As for a bass..... what about a baritone? 27-30" 6 string.
    +1. I hadn't thought about a Baritone, but I'd buy one for sure
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

4. Liked by: kuanjb

Thanks for all the feedback, greatly appreciated

Yes, we were quickly alerted to the issues with extended fretboard and the unique shape and size of the pickup routs

As we are now completely sold of all MS kits, we can get to work improving them; which I think might be a 12 month (at least) project; given the factory we are using are building these for the first time.

With the next batch (due March) we have asked for the end of the fretboard to be angled, parallel to the Nut, and sloped down @45 degrees to meet the extended Flame, Quilted or Zebra Veneer... then the customer will just have to shape the Truss rod cover (on and angle) if they decide to use it.

The Pickup Size/Shape issue may not be resolved by the next shipment, but we are working on it with the factory.

Thanks again everyone.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Hey Simon, how are you doing? Hope you've been surviving the apocalypse ok. How's life under Boris?

Not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Are you referring to the placement of the bridge post holes, the actual tun-o-matic bridge supplied, or something else? Can you point me to a example thread where this has been an issue, so I can get an understanding of the problem?
    Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Hey Simon, how are you doing? Hope you've been surviving the apocalypse ok. How's life under Boris?

Not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Are you referring to the placement of the bridge post holes, the actual tun-o-matic bridge supplied, or something else? Can you point me to a example thread where this has been an issue, so I can get an understanding of the problem?
    Granted I haven't built mine and won't get to until spring (northern hemisphere) but the low B stringthrough hole in the body seems like it might be a little too far forward. The break angle seemed like it would need to be either directly above the string through hole, or possibly even behind it. This is what I posted when I got the kit:

The 27" side is kind of odd? 27" will put the saddle's break angle pretty far back, not too far away from the string through hole, and that's not even considering the need for it to be set further back by nature of being a thicker string. I'm kind of wondering if the supposed 27" scale already includes some compensation for the lower strings needing to be set further back. That would seem to fit with how it measures out at both the 12th fret and the bridge. Considering the other half of the fretboard appears to be perfectly spot on, whatever is going on here is probably right. I think.
    I vaguely remember it being brought up in other threads for the kits as well but I haven't read one that got to a point where it was built and had confirmed issues on the low B.
    1. GS-2Q
    2. EXM-1 custom
    3. GMS-7F

8. Liked by: adam

Hi Adam, just wondering if there has been any updated on when these kits may be available again...a moving target given COVID i know but just seeing if there was any news.
    Build #001 PBG SV-1 Complete
    Build #002 Non PBG PRS Style Semi Hollow Complete
    Build #003 PBG TL-1TB Complete
    Build #004 PBG IC-1 In Progress
    Build #005 SMS 7Q - In Progress

We are working with a new supplier now and hoping to have them here in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Adam

Is that a new supplier for all kits or just the multi scale?

Either way, great news as that would align perfectly with finishing off my tele kit :-)

Will they new multi scales be the same offerings / options as the last set? As in quilted top, black binding etc?
    Build #001 PBG SV-1 Complete
    Build #002 Non PBG PRS Style Semi Hollow Complete
    Build #003 PBG TL-1TB Complete
    Build #004 PBG IC-1 In Progress
    Build #005 SMS 7Q - In Progress

This is what i would buy given the option

No routing or head stock shape that would leave lots of options for customizing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v 6 string.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	41263
    Last edited by Johnbamb; 13-08-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast