Howdy Folks, I started in on building tube amps way back in beginning of the century and had absolutely no idea what I was doing, bloody step learning curve that was, but it was a great time while it went on.

It all started with a Luthier doing a small article in NZ Musician magazine about building a tiny little half watt amp from scratch and that completely grabbed me as something achievable. And interestingly looking back it featured a link to a forum called Ampage and at the time I hadn't even begun on 'puters so getting one of those and learning all this stuff went hand in hand.

From tube amps I jumped into FX pedals and again it was kinda the beginning of that too and DIYstompboxes which now, what 15 odd years later, all those old school forums seems to have ceded into the whole kit industry, amps, fx and guitars... wonderful!

Thing was though I got right into this stuff, was a little vacant, not so deep, on the actual underlying understanding of electrical engineering but, as a person who has always been a constructor, and being quite successful as a sculptor/ painter for about ten years previous to all this new deep dark cave of enchantment, I went full on creating the basis of suppling fx pedals to the music retailers... about ten years too early!

But too I have to back track to the end of the eighties when I'd decided I needed an electric guitar and found a stratocaster neck, most probably not a fender but still a good one, which I have to this day, and built my own body and even, as parts were really hard to find way back then, even whittled my own really crude imitation of a Gibson bridge out of brass stock... which then ceded into me repairing others guitars and even having an actual retail music shop for a little while!

Man what an adventure it's always been! So now, after 15 years playing at art which I think happened because I'd spent all this time building all these sound making gizmo's I'd got into the kinda noise making things as there was a group whom all met every Monday evening in small dungeon like inner city bar and proceeded to jam out whatever with an underlying thing that all music theory went out the window for improvised soundscapes... then it just seemed logical to get into making art for sale!

But then art got boring, too up itself, so here I am again but this time I wanna bring it all together but at the same time offer as much help as I can wherever I can to anyone willing to follow their own expressive journey.

Cheers, Sean.

PS: I'll edit this up later and add some photos as I've got a guy with a 50watt marshall clone coming over this weekend so we can discuss me making him something or other with me getting the amp or rebuilding it to be more fenderish but in the meantime he wants some photos so I'll get them and post them here as well, photos of my totally mixed up and in complete disarray working spaces!