Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing admission....Happy Number 38 guitar to me.

Embarrassing admission....Happy Number 38 guitar to me.

I had some good news and a good outcome this week. So I have lashed out and bought a Tele guitar kit to build just for me.

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...ic-guitar-kit/

I have added the upgrade locking grover mini tuners, a bone nut, all chrome hardware, with a maple fretboard.

And a neck and Bridge set of these.....

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...bridge-nickel/

Real Parts order has been done.....

2 x 500K mini CTS pots, 1 x 0.0223uf orange drop cap, oak Grigsby three position switch, switchcraft jack socket, recessed electro socket chrome jack socket hardware, chrome control cover with USA thread holes, chrome strap locks.

Embarrassing to say I left and didn't go too far. Amazing what your life and your head can do to you at times. I can't do without my building fix.

Somewhere on the finished guitars page is a series of photos of a build by DingoBass of a Tele with a mix of orange and yellow/amber. I think I will try something like that.

So Humbucker sized P90 pickups and a bigsby on a tele semi-hollow body......nice.

I am thinking that I may go to the big green shed and check out the satin finish of the Cabots spray poly. I think that stuff is great for me to use. Paint not so much, the oil and stain finishes I can do.....the colour with a spray poly finish will be as close to paint I will ever get.

I am sorry I ran away so quickly when the world got tough for me. It is nice to be back.
    Runner Up G.O.T.M. November 2020. Custom SHB-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2018. MMB-5

Winner G.O.T.M. March 2018. JBA-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2017. BG-46

2. Liked by: wazkelly

Glad to have you back Ozzie. And #38 just for you? I can't think of a better reason to get back to it. And your plans for the newie sound great.

I left it way too long to get back into building and I am still suffering from it.

Cheers
    rob

4. Liked by: OliSam

Bro, sometimes you just gotta bail on it. I think most of us have been there in one way or another.😉
    good to see you back, looking forward to your Tele!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

6. Liked by: OliSam

I feel pretty silly...but thanks for the welcome.

Admission time..... I have PTSD from a misspent youth...in a good way...I saw some horrible things and now at 57 they haunt me. In the past year they have turned me inside out.

Until I let "The Black Dog" gain control of me and stop me from having hands on with building guitars and basses I did not fully understand what this means to me. It is my safe place. The feel of the wood, the smells, the finesse in fitting that part just so into place.

The support here is immense. This forum is way better than two zoloft per day.

Thank you from all of us who need you guys and girls out there. This is a safe place to be, and I can't wait until Adam ships my new weapon of mental health relief.

Merry Xmas to you all....and may your builds be completely enjoyable and as challenging as you wish them to be.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing you get into it.

Nothing better than getting your hands dirty and creating to shake off anxiety and depression. I can relate the to Zoloft comment, that stuff robbed me of the good as well as the bad.

Like Frankie says a lot of us here have dealt with varying degrees of these issues, there's no shame in it, life can be really hard. I'm thankful for how wholesome and supportive this community is. It's a breath of fresh air in an increasingly murky online world.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

@Frankie, Ozz and Sonic

Amen!

Thanks for sharing ozzbike - looking forward to seeing the progress on your thinline - I made my first scratch build, which was a thinline style, (using old pine wall studs for the back, and King Billy Pine for the top), with the help of a mate. I am about to receive a GR-1SF kit and the learning curve will be good for me on this one.
    Getting a bit creative is great therapy for everyone, particularly us old fellas!

12. Liked by: OliSam

Thanks Ozz.
    That took great courage and inner strength!

Welcome Back.

Looking forward to the build.
    Cheers
    Ricky

14. Liked by: OliSam

Humbly I thank you.

Your kind words make me very humble, thanks guys.

The Black Dog took away my sleep last night. Wonder what will happen when you get a Real Parts delivery late in the afternoon and then don't sleep???

Da Da.....we have a wiring harness. Sorry weirdy, this time I am going to see if I can actually get an oak-grigsby to work from a diagram....not that I am averse to left field suggestions for later use.

But finished at 0325am this morning the semi-hollow body Bigsby gifted Tele wiring harness sans the pickups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	38356  

16. Liked by: OliSam

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast