Hi brains trust,

I searched FAQ to on avail, and I have seen comments in various build diaries, etc on getting rid of glue, to ensure even staining, etc. but It'd take me days to find relevant comments again, so......
Knowing that glue can be a major issue on flame veneer tops, what are the best methods for ensuring minimal damage to the top, whilst ensuring all excess glue is removed?
I understand about dampening the top with a damp cloth to find glue remnants, but then....?
Can I scrape off excess?
Goof off, or Goo gone, or other remover? pros and cons? Do they harm the top in any way?
Maybe since the builders can't/won't make the top veneer any thicker, to allow for more than cursory sanding, there needs to be a pinned post about the best way to deal with it?!
I want to be prepared for my first build, which has what appears to be glue excess/bleed, etc, from what I can make out in pics supplied prior to it being shipped.
I'm not sure of pic limit on this forum, so I'll just select a few to show what I mean. One pics show what appear to be pitting - hopefully it'll sand out....

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers, Ian.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7588.PNG 
Views:	128 
Size:	815.4 KB 
ID:	38289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7589.PNG 
Views:	109 
Size:	707.0 KB 
ID:	38290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7590.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	770.2 KB 
ID:	38291