Thread: GMS-7Z build wiring diagram

GMS-7Z build wiring diagram

Tried finding on pit bull site a wiring diagram for seven string multi scale build,and also advice on connecting the earth when using a fixed bridge first time wiring up this configuration any help will be much appreciated

I just built this and most of it is pre wired.

You will probably need to drill a hole from the bridge to the cavity somehow. I went from the middle of the bridge on the pickup side of the string holes on an angle to the bottom of the pickup cavity.

You will need longer drill bits and I drilled a slightly larger hole straight down a few mm

Then with the longer drill bit carefully drill the angle down the the pickup cavity, it’s not the easiest thing to do drilling a specific angle

You can use any wiring diagram, just google 2 humbuckers 1 tone, 1 vol 1 toggle switch and you can pick and choose whichever you find the easiest to read

The humbuckers are 4 wire and 2 wires should be already soldered together so if your not coil splitting etc just tape them up and follow the diagram

I would also recommend swapping the input jack for a switch craft jack, the jacks on these kits are really bad

From Simon on my thread on identifying the wires, this was very helpful for me

“You only need to add a ground to the middle pair of wires, so you don't need to do any identifying.

You'll normally have a wire (normally green on the kit pups) that's twisted together with the cable braid screen and soldered together. That's your normal signal ground.

There will be a single wire that's your normal signal hot connection that goes to the volume pot (normally black on the kit pups).

There will be two wires twisted and soldered together. These are the two middle wires joining the coils together (normally red and white on the kit pups). These are left unconnected (and the ends insulated) if you just want a humbucker, but are taken to the switch connection to be taken to ground for a coil split function.

I say 'normal colours' because I don't know if these pickups come from the same generic factory as the other kit pickups and there is no universal pickup wiring colour convention. Normally red, white, black and green (plus a braid screen) are the individual wire cable colours, but they get connected to coils in all different ways by different manufacturers. But unless they all come unconnected and loose (which makes things a lot harder if there's no colour guide), there is normally a measure of pre-soldering with the ground + braid wire soldered together, the two coil joining wires soldered together and the single signal output wire.”

I figured out the wiring in the end from a tutorial off YouTube and for the earth I put a screw in the back under the cover plate and soldered the earth wire to it seemed to work plugged it in and it was quiet as , your right about the input jack I’ll probably replace it ,other issue I had was the e,b,g strings sitting on the fret board behind the nut causing buzz in the strings I shaved the ebony down to give clearance and has improved it greatly,the guitar plays pretty well going to take a bit to get used to the fret board but I’m happy with the outcome cheers for the help